Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
  • How much do I LOVE Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
  • The consistency of this primer is a bit specific to describe as it is definitely NOT an oil (in fact, it's oil free
  • Before I starting using Smashbox's primer, I've tried other higher-end brands and not only did they not give me the same impressive results but they cost a substantial amount more and contained tons of medicinal-sounding, unnatural ingredients
  • In my direct experience, when I've applied this primer under my makeup, it's definitely increased the cosmetic longevity before I need to reapply and when worn without any makeup, it seems to provide a muted sort of glow or matted radiance
  • I think that Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer is worth every penny of its cost, I highly recommend it and I personally consider it one of my most important beauty products that I own

• by gemma10

How much do I LOVE Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer? Tons!! Since I’m on to re-purchasing Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer for the 5th time, this seems the perfect opportunity to share my first-hand views on this awesome cosmetic product. I first tried this primer over 5 years ago at the strong suggestion of a woman working at Sephora (one of my absolute favorite stores!) and I must say that this kind lady did not mislead me! The consistency of this primer is a bit specific to describe as it is definitely NOT an oil (in fact, it’s oil free!) but more like a lightweight silky gel which immediately absorbs into your skin creating a smooth face “canvas” of sorts. Seriously, this stuff feels incredible - slick and sleek to apply, nice and lightweight and silky on the fingers and to the touch and once on your skin it feels like it dries to an almost powder-like texture. This primer creates a smooth and near flawless under-canvas for foundation and cosmetics application. When I’ve read the

small print of the little insert which comes in the box, it claims that this silky, lightweight primer gel includes a blend of vitamins A & E, grape seed extract and green tea. Before I starting using Smashbox’s primer, I’ve tried other higher-end brands and not only did they not give me the same impressive results but they cost a substantial amount more and contained tons of medicinal-sounding, unnatural ingredients.

I’ve worn this primer alone, under foundation and even under just blush or bronzer. In my direct experience, when I’ve applied this primer under my makeup, it’s definitely increased the cosmetic longevity before I need to reapply and when worn without any makeup, it seems to provide a muted sort of glow or matted radiance.

I’ve never been surprised when I’ve read in women’s fashion/beauty magazines that Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer is Smashbox’s best-selling primer. In my opinion, this primer helps to minimize the appearance of fine wrinkles and lines and significantly reduces pores for the look of flawless skin. Additionally, this unique primer has a totally pleasant velvety-silky touch and ...

• creates a a satiny-smooth finish to your skin.

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer comes in a simple, modern square glass pump, which Smashbox claims is airless for the superior freshness of this primer.

The directions for this Smashbox primer call for you to apply 1 pump (we’re talking a small pump - like the size of a blueberry!) of this primer to clean, dry skin using your fingertips and I think these are effective directions. Perhaps surprisingly, it is accurate to say that 1 pump will be all you need of this silky gel primer to cover your whole face!

I once read in MarieClaire magazine that Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer can be used to control frizzy hair by smoothing some of the primer through wet or dry hair, but I’ve never actually tried that trick because at the $38 per bottle that it approximately costs me each time (I’ve paid as high as $45 for the bottle and as little as $36 for the bottle over the years at various stores), I would never think of wasting it on my hair

when there’s a hundred other actual hair products to tame frizz.

All in all, I adore Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer! In my experience, it absolutely and very clearly gives you a smooth, impressive and flawless-seeming matte finish to your skin when worn without makeup and creates a silky smooth skin layer ready for foundation or cosmetic application when used under makeup. This primer seems to effectively “fill” any wrinkles, fine lines or scars and I definitely seem to get longer-lasting results of my other cosmetics when I first apply this primer. I LOVE the unique feel AND look of this primer and I also feel like I’m putting good and safe ingredients on my skin. Further, I’m not one prone to skin sensitivity or breakouts, but regardless I’ve NEVER had any problem with this primer or sought to replace it with another brand.

I think that Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer is worth every penny of its cost, I highly recommend it and I personally consider it one of my most important beauty products that I own!

Happy beauty shopping…!

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311031010380931/k2311a031/3.1.10