Banana Republic Malachite Perfime  » Perfume  »
  • When I looked online I saw that this came in 100ml bottle and it cost £21
  • Then again I know this is a brand name, but it isn’t up there with the main brands out there
  • I think it should be another colour instead of a mid brown

• by leeanne

This is the last Banana Republic scent that I have tried. I’m not sure if there is more than these 4 out there, but that’s the only 4 I’ve tried. I got a tester of this, so didn’t have the full sized bottle, but have seem what the bottle looks like and it was ok.

When I looked online I saw that this came in 100ml bottle and it cost £21. the recommended retail price is £42 says the website, and I guess this could be true for the size of bottle. Then again I know this is a brand name,

but it isn’t up there with the main brands out there.

This is in the same simple box that the other scent come in, a quite hard cardboard box which is an odd brown colour. I think it should be another colour instead of a mid brown. It isn’t the most flattering of colours. The lettering is ok on this as well.

The bottle is nicer than the standard clear bottle that the other Perfumes come in. it is a shorter bottle, but also wider so it gives the impression of a more dumpy bottle. I don’t know if this would be ...

• easy enough to hold, as it does seem that bit wide, but I’m sure it will be ok to hold otherwise it would have probably been changed design. I wouldn’t say this looks too expensive, but it looks more expensive than other bottles out there. The glass bottle was quite thick and reminded me of a pebble shape. It is a very dark green colour and the lettering is on the front. Looks like the letters would come off quite quickly, especially if you are holding this bottle around the middle. The lid is a shiny silver colour, and looks
        alright.

It’s hard to describe the scent, since I only got the little tester of this, and no indication of the notes in this. It is a deeper, heavier scent than other Banana Republic scents out there, and I would say this is a night time scent compared to all the others which are more for the day time use. It smells a bit musky, and perhaps I can smell Jasmine in here. There is not many light scents in here, and the floral scents are heavy as well.

Quite a nice scent but not the kind I would normally choose to buy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5628021010280928/k2311a0228/2.28.10