Digital Video Converter by Vu Point Solutions  » Electronics  »
  • I decided to make 2010 my year to update all my old media devices
  • Now I know that my precious tapes, favorite programs, and old VHS can all be saved onto tiny SD/SDHC cards which are safer, and easier to store and more convenient to use

• by Jude244

I decided to make 2010 my year to update all my old media devices. I’ve already begun to convert VHS to DVD, all my vinyl records to computer files, and now I am finally starting to digitally convert my television programs and VHS tapes to SD cards as well.

I purchased the Vu Points Solutions Digital Video Converter a few months ago in Bed Bath and Beyond. I think I paid 99.99 USD for it. When you purchase the Vu Points converter you receive: a converter unit, AC/DC adapter, 2 x AV cables, a software CD, and an owner’s manual.

With my new digital video converter, I can convert all of my VHS, DVD’s, DVR, or even television programs to digital files which are then stored on my SD cards. Once stored, I have the option of watching them on my computer or I can view them on digital devices with an MPEG 4 capacity. Having my video saved this way also means that I can share it with my friends and family over the internet!

According to the Vu Point, the recording rate of transfer up to 30 fps, 640X 480 with audio and you can store video to SD/SDHC cards up to 32 GB. The 32 GB cards will then record between 24 and 28 hours of video on them. The unit is compatible with Microsoft Window XP and Windows Vista. It supports PAL or NTSC television systems.

Right out of the box it is a very simple looking device. It’s only 6.3”x 4.2”x 1.2”, in other words it’s pretty cute and compact. The main unit is solid black save for a center button which appears like a small round mirror. The mirrored button contains the power, next, record/stop, and play/stop functions around it.

Using the Vu Point Solutions ...

• Digital Video Converter by Vu Point Solutions
      Digital Video Converter is remarkably easy to do. When I want to convert from my Television or VCR for example, I simply insert my SD/SDHC card (which by the way in not included), into the slot.

Next, I connect the video converter and television using my AV cable 1 and then connect the video converter with the video output with my AV cable 2.

Finally, I just plug the AC/DC adapter to an outlet and DC IN jack, and once that is done, I press the power button on the converter. I then cue my video tapes to the part I

want to record, and then press the record/stop button to start converting the tape to digital. When I am all through, I just hit record/stop again to end the recording.

Once my recordings are done, the software included even allows me to view, edit and organize my new videos on my computer!

Now I know that my precious tapes, favorite programs, and old VHS can all be saved onto tiny SD/SDHC cards which are safer, and easier to store and more convenient to use. Plus, I can finally share these videos online which makes this digital video conversion even more awesome!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1628021010160928/k2311a0228/2.28.10