Wilsons Leather leather lotion  » Clothes  »
  • He was sort of pushy, and assured me it would be worth it and didn’t cost much so I was like what the heck, why not
  • It’s a pretty affordable product too, I believe I got it for under $10, and it’s well worth the money because it does a great job of protecting my leather goods
  • The best way to buy this product is in stores, and not all stores carry it
  • I definitely think it’s worth spending money on if you have very expensive leather, or a lot of leather goods you need to keep protected
  • I love this product and without it my leather jackets would have been ruined years ago

• by Liberty

Many years ago when I was purchasing my first leather jacket at Wilsons Leather the sales clerk managed to talk me into purchasing some leather protecting products. He was sort of pushy, and assured me it would be worth it and didn’t cost much so I was like what the heck, why not. I purchased two bottles of different kinds of a product to cover all of my bases. One of the product that I purchased was their leather lotion, and it is what it sounds like. I’ve been using the product for several years now, on both my leather jackets and shoes. The following are my pros and cons for this

leather protecting lotion.

I’ll start off with the pros to Wilsons Leather leather lotion first. What I liked about this leather lotion product is that it smells really nice. I was very surprised by it. It’s an easy product to use, just like the bottle said use a cloth to gently rub in the lotion on your leather goods. I liked that the lotion didn’t leave stains on my leather either, it gets absorbed. It also comes in a good size bottle that will last a good long time depending on how much you use, and how many leather items you plan on using it on. I only have a few jackets and ...

• boots that I use it on and I’ve had the bottle of this lotion for about five years now. Another good thing is that it doesn’t seem to go bad either. Wilsons Leather leather lotion can be used on any leather product that is fine leather. It doesn’t work well with suede though. It’s a pretty affordable product too, I believe I got it for under $10, and it’s well worth the money because it does a great job of protecting my leather goods.

There were some downsides to Wilsons Leather leather lotion as well. I can’t seem to find it on their website so I’m guessing they don’t offer it online.

The best way to buy this product is in stores, and not all stores carry it. The other thing is like I mentioned above, it doesn’t work with suede product because it’s a lotion. It’s also takes a bit more work on your part to use this product since it has to be applied by hand with a soft cotton towel in a circular motion.

Overall though I really liked Wilsons Leather leather lotion. I definitely think it’s worth spending money on if you have very expensive leather, or a lot of leather goods you need to keep protected. I love this product and without it my leather jackets would have been ruined years ago.

Rich says :

I purchased the same liquid when I bought a coat from Wilson Leather (which I am delighted with). As I was flying overseas I read the ingredients on the bottle and it is flammable. So I sprayed my coat and a jacket carefully and dumped the rest as it would have been thrown away by TSA. I suspect this is why you never see it on line as the Post Office and other carriers do not deliver flammable goods. You would need Hazardous Goods transportation for that which would be exceedingly costly for 1 or 2 bottles of liquid. It is a shame that is could not be reformulated for those who travel.

Rich says :

re : I love this product and without it my leather jackets would have been ruined years ago
    It is flammable so in store purchase is best option.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5528021010130928/k2311a0228/2.28.10