Clindamycin  » Medicine  »
  • I would avoid spending time with friends or socializing with others because I was worried about how others would see me
  • After applying the gel to my cleaned face, I noticed a slight drying effect wherever I spread the gel
  • Overall, I would recommend asking your doctor about clindamycin for your skin if you have acne

• by kirbystar7

I have been suffering from acne since I was in middle school. Even when I reached college, the acne continued. By now, my peers’ faces had cleared up but I was not so lucky. The acne began to get so bad it affected my self esteem. It did not help that I was also wearing braces at the time. I would avoid spending time with friends or socializing with others because I was worried about how others would see me. I visited my doctor who suggested that I use an exfoliating facial cleanser and a prescribed antibacterial gel: Clindamycin. After washing my face and air drying,

I would apply the gel to all affected areas of my face. The clindamycin would kill the bacteria on my face that was causing the acne problems.

The gel was clear, odorless, and in a small tube, which meant that I had to use the gel sparingly by applying thin layers on the acne areas. After applying the gel to my cleaned face, I noticed a slight drying effect wherever I spread the gel. However, this dryness was not irritating.

After several weeks, I noticed that exfoliating my skin and using the clindamycin began to clear my skin dramatically. In fact, my face became spotless! The ...

• acne was gone, and best of all, no more acne seemed to appear. I received many complements for such a clear complexion. I also began spending more time with my friends!

If I had to complain about the clindamycin, I would mention my clear but oily face. Even though my face no longer had acne, having the clindamycin on my face gave it shiny oily appearance. I tried to cover this oiliness with my makeup, but the makeup only ended up looking caked on due to the gel. Another thing about the gel is that over time, the gel became less and less effective. The more

I used the gel, the less effective it became. I worry that using clindamycin too much, like using other antibacterial substances too much, causes the bacteria on the skin to become immune to the gel. They thus continue to live even though the gel has been applied.

Overall, I would recommend asking your doctor about clindamycin for your skin if you have acne. Clindamycin seems to only effective in the first stages of clearing severe acne and keeping it off, but it cannot be used extensively. Once the acne has been cleared by clindamycin, you must maintain your clear complexion through hygentic habits with regards to your skin.

Clindamycin
    Lalit says :

hi i am suffering from acne from past 10 years ,i am suffering from acne vulgaris can i use clindamycin………..?(i tried a lot of medications as fer dermatologist suggest but nothing was work more than 3 month)

Galega says :

This is a very long time for having acne - 10 years. I think there might be some hormonal issues with you that’s why recommendations of dermatologist isn’t working. There is no doubt that you can use Clindamycin. Use it for few days and see if it makes any difference. Apart from this, you can also look for solution in alternative medicines, like homeopathy.

junmae says :

You should consult a dermatologist before taking Clindamycin. This is not an over the counter drug and so the Doctor’s prescription is needed when buying this. Yes, it helps to cure acne. It makes the healing fast and it lessens the acne. However, you should be careful in taking this product.

Joie Gahum says :

re : I would avoid spending time with friends or socializing with others because I was worried about how others would see me
    Life is too short. If you spend your time worrying about what people may think about you, you will be missing out a lot in your life. Just be yourself, true friends will accept you for who you are. You were not born to please everyone in the world, it would be too impossible to do. Just live your life in a way that makes you happy than having to face regrets later on because you were too scared or too worried of what people may think. It would also be advisable to consult with a professional who can advice you constructively with this personal issues of yours so that you can deal with it constructively as well.

srinath says :

hi im being affected by 2 year old acne and now im using erytop clyindamycin phosphate usp .will my face get cleared of acne and spots .right now my acne level is bit severe???????

Galega says :

Yes, Clindamycin is quite good when it comes to treating acne. You can continue using it. However, you should use it only on the affected area, not on the entire face.

Keep your face clean and away from pollutants to fasten the result.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2628021010050928/k2311a0228/2.28.10