Maybelline XXL Volume Length Microfiber Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • There are so many magazines raving about this product, and so many women that recommend it, and I don't understand why
  • This product is absolutely rubbish in my opinion
  • I was very disappointed that I let myself give in and buy this useless product
  • I thought it was going to give XXL volume like it claimed, but it didn't

• by Kim

The Maybelline XXL volume length microfiber mascara has to be one of the WORST mascaras out there. There are so many magazines raving about this product, and so many women that recommend it, and I don’t understand why! This product is absolutely rubbish in my opinion. I mean, I have many other great mascaras from Maybelline, but I just don’t understand this one! I wonder if they actually took their time to test the mascara instead of just endorsing it like this.

I’m sure they could have made major improvements to it before they released it to stores. It was a total waste of money for me, because it didn’t do anything! All it does is makes my eyelashes look scary thin and give it a

really damp look.

I don’t have the thickest eyelashes, nor do I have the longest. I was looking for a product that could help darken, lengthen, and thicken my eyelashes! This did not help at all! I tried it for the first day and it was very runny at first, then after a week it all dried up and got clumpy which was ridiculous! It gave my eye irritations, first my eye wouldn’t stop itching then it started getting all red- ugh it was just horrible.

After that the mascara started flaking! Little bits of the mascara came out of my eyelash it was absolutely disgusting and embarrasing. The brush was so thin, I guess that was the microfiber part of it, it made my lashes ...

• look even thinner and brittle, I had to wash it off asap.

I don’t even understand what the point of putting the white primer coating then the black. What the heck? Its like double the product.

And also, why white? Um hello! Black and white gives you gray. I don’t want gray eyelashes!! My bottle was completely dry after the first week, even when I tried to give it another chance of applying it, only a little bit of the product got onto the bristles.

I’m also very upset because I spent almost $7 at my local drug store, and I could have gotten a better product at the same exact price, maybe less. It’s a very cheap product, it’s not very effective and it will

leave your lashes looking like a mess! I threw it in the trash after the first week.

I get uncomfortable even thinking about the product; it was THAT bad. I honestly would not recommend this product to anyone, it’s no good! It’s runny in the beginning, then it clumps and dries up extremely, it doesn’t make your lashes longer nor give it volume.

I tried it once, and I will never try it again. I was very disappointed that I let myself give in and buy this useless product.

I thought it was going to give XXL volume like it claimed, but it didn’t! I was very upset! Worst mascara I’ve ever owned! It’s complete garbage. Yep! I said it.

Do not buy! I’m warning you!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128021009990928/k2311a0228/2.28.10