Lime Leaf Thai Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
1958 Rio Hill Center, Charlottesville VA 22901
  • I love eating Thai food, especially Chicken Pad Thai and Thai iced tea
  • I thought that the restaurant Lemongrass was the best Thai food I could get in Charlottesville
  • I decided to order a Thai iced tea, an appetizer of spring rolls (which comes with two) and Chicken Pad Thai with a spicy level of zero
  • I found the tea a little too sweet compared to the tea I had ordered at other Thai restaurants, but my drink may have contained a little too much condensed milk
  • The Thai Iced Tea may not be worth paying for, but the Pad Thai is delicious

• by kirbystar7

I love eating Thai food, especially Chicken Pad Thai and Thai iced tea. I am always looking for a better Thai restaurant than the one that I usually eat at. As a college student, I did not have a car my first year and so I was forced to eat my Thai food wherever I could get to with a bus. I thought that the restaurant Lemongrass was the best Thai food I could get in Charlottesville. My friend later introduced me to Lime Leaf in an inconspicuous shopping center.

>From the outside, Lime Leaf appears very small, but when I went in, I realized that the restaurant is merely narrow and that there was plenty of space inside. Despite the blaring neon lime sign for “Lime Leaf” outside the restaurant, the inside of the

restaurant is actually very well decorated. The place has an evening dinner feel to it: the room was dimly lit, there were decorations on the wall, and one or two flowers were placed on each table.

I cannot honestly say if the service was prompt or not because there were not a lot of guests that night. I decided to order a Thai iced tea, an appetizer of spring rolls (which comes with two) and Chicken Pad Thai with a spicy level of zero. I can handle some spice, but from my understanding, Thai food takes “spicy” to another level. I find that if I order my food without spiciness at all, it usually comes with just the right amount of spiciness. I first got my Thai Iced tea is a tall narrow glass. I ...

• found the tea a little too sweet compared to the tea I had ordered at other Thai restaurants, but my drink may have contained a little too much condensed milk. I then received my order of spring rolls, which with the sweet and spicy dipping sauce, was absolutely delicious. The spring roll was very crispy and the stuffing had the right combination of meat and vegetables. When I received my Chicken Pad Thai, I got it on an oval plate that was garnished with bean sprouts, carrot shaving and freshly crushed peanuts. The chicken was not in small shreds like other restaurants tend to do: there were nice big slices of chicken. The Pad Thai tasted wonderful, and even though I was given so much, I finished the entire plate. Lime Leaf, is however, the
        first Thai restaurant I have been to that served a “zero level spicy” dish truly without any spiciness. I think the Pad Thai would have tasted better if it were a little spicier, so I think I will order it with a bit of spice next time.

If I could complain about Lime Leaf, I would say that while the Pad Thai proportion was enough, the amount of Thai Iced Tea that I was given was not. For the price I paid (between three to four dollars for a glass) I wish I could have gotten more tea. I finished the glass I was given before my food even came!

Overall, I strongly recommend Lime Leaf for anyone who loves eating Thai food. The Thai Iced Tea may not be worth paying for, but the Pad Thai is delicious!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 728021009980928/k2311a0228/2.28.10