Stargate Atlantis: The Seed  » TV  »
  • He's a good actor, but I'm not fond of him, and I don't like this character of Richard Woolsey anyway

• by Orrymain

As folks who know me are aware, I’m not a big fan of Stargate Atlantis for many reasons, not the least of which is that I hold it responsible for the deterioration of quality on Stargate SG-1. Now that I’ve said that up front, here are both the good and bad from my

perspective of The Seed, episode 2 of the fifth season.

–I do like the opening scene with Jennifer, the doctor, and Teyla, the new mother. It’s pretty much like two gals just standing around, chatting, and it was actually nice to watch.

–Somehow, watching Robert Picardo leading Atlantis just doesn’t work. I’m turned off ...

• big time by his opening scene. He’s a good actor, but I’m not fond of him, and I don’t like this character of Richard Woolsey anyway.

–Paul McGillion is brought back briefly as Dr. Carson Beckett in this episode. I actually have always liked this character and his delectable Scottish accent, but he

was killed off to make room in the budget for Amanda Tapping when she joined the cast. Fans protested so he was brought back for a handful of episodes. No one ever really dies in science fiction.

Overall, it wasn’t bad except that it felt like a retread of a Star Trek: The Next Generation script.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1028021009910928/k2311a0228/2.28.10