CampMaster Deluxe Oversize Camping Chairs  » Furniture  »
0.5
  • Nonetheless, the material feels smooth to the touch and in all honesty, I found these chairs quite comfortable
  • For the price I paid for these chairs, they are not worth anything

• by bethbarl

I got 2 of these chairs in Game. I was warned already before that this shop gets the last of everything. As anyway, these chairs were meant to be used for camping or for sitting outside whenever we do road trips, I did not mind that they were not of the same color. Besides, it was easier that way as my husband and I got to choose the color of the chair which made identification easier.

If I am right, the CampMaster Deluxe chair is maded from a sort of synthetic material. Nonetheless, the material feels smooth to the touch and in all honesty, I found these chairs quite comfortable. I tried and retried them in the shop before agreeing with my husband that they were the most comfortable for us both as they not only support our

backs but also our necks. The arm rests were also of a reasonable height and width, it was always nice to put our arms on these things.

An additional perk was that there was a cup holder which I found quite practical when relaxing, having a place to put the drinks somewhere without holding them all the time or putting them on the ground. In addition, they were also foldable which made them quite portable and easy to stack in one corner in the house or put them in the trunk of the car or the roof rack while travelling. Each of these chairs had also a carrying case which made packing or storing them easy.

But this is where all the positive attributes of these chairs end. It claims that it can support weights of up to ...

• a hundred kilos. I am just a little over 50 kilos and my husband about 85. There was certainly enough margin for their maximum allowable weights. However, I was only able to use my chairs twice and my husband once and the chairs broke. I was truly aghast that paying Pulas 340 or nearly €35 for each of these deluxe chairs would bring me nothing but a pile of useless metal and canvass. Even a child could not sit in them anymore.

Upon further scrutiny, my husband and I discovered that the frame of the chairs were just supported by a plastic material. The four corners of the chairs were not even joined to the other part of the frame but just glued. This plastic is just the size of a small matchbox sticks and was certainly

of a flimsy quality. These chairs cannot be repaired and they are utterly useless.

Given all these, I would not buy anything from this brand anymore. The company claims to be (and I quote) “a reliable authentic South African outdoor and camping equipment brand”. They are authentic allright, in selling something which does not even last for 3 days. I hope someone from this company would read this review and find the conscience to check the quality control of their products. For the price I paid for these chairs, they are not worth anything. And, if someone will ever ask me how CampMaster chairs are, I will say that it is better to sit on your money that on one of these chairs. At least you will still have your money and will not have rubbish in your home.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5728021009590828/k2311a0228/2.28.10