2010 NASCAR Nationwide Sam’s Town 300 race
  • Kevin Harvick, who I don't like, ran a heck of a race
  • Let me make it clear that it wasn't her racing I have an issue with
  • He finished third, so I was happy with that

• by Orrymain

The 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Sam’s Town 300 race just didn’t hold my interest today while it was on. The event was rain delayed for about 90 minutes, and it was a dreary day here as well, so maybe that had some subliminal effect on my reaction.

It could be that or just some of the crazy driving that was going on. Actually, it wasn’t all crazy. A lot of it was quite good. Kevin Harvick, who I don’t like, ran a heck of a race. His pit crew, however,

had all kinds of problems, and he wasn’t afraid to let them know about it, either. They lucked out, though, because he won the race so was much calmer at the end of the very long race.

I wasn’t impressed with Danica Patrick. This was her last race until the end of June. Now she’s headed back to IndyCar. Let me make it clear that it wasn’t her racing I have an issue with. She’s actually done very well. However, she got way too critical and was too ...

• upset when interviewed after a crash took her out of the race. Danica was making comments and accusations like she was a veteran, which she is not. She doesn’t even know the names of the drivers yet, and she’s accusing this or that one of not having good sense. She’s not experienced enough to be making those kind of calls. This really irked me. It doesn’t even matter if her perception of the crash that took her out was right or wrong; it’s her demeanor and her knowledge
        base, which is still infantile when it comes to NASCAR.

There were the usual nasty wrecks, but for me, what fun I did have was in watching Carl Edwards do well during the race. He finished third, so I was happy with that.

Kyle Busch was right in it until a few laps before the end when he hit the wall of his own making and then sank way back into the field.

I guess it wasn’t a bad race; it just didn’t excite me for some reason. Still, it did have a lot of action.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3528021009160828/k2311a0228/2.28.10