Veet Ready To Use Wax Strips for Legs, Body & Bikini, Sensitive Skin Formula
  • I decided to try Veet Ready To Use Wax Strips for Legs after hearing good things about the product from a friend of mine
  • Anyway, the label impressed me, so I bought a box of the strips at Walgreen's for around $8 and tried them out right when I got home
  • I would recommend them to someone who doesn't mind putting a lot of time and effort into hair removal

• by mariekay

I decided to try Veet Ready To Use Wax Strips for Legs after hearing good things about the product from a friend of mine. During the summer months, I get tired of shaving my legs every day, and I am always looking for other ways to remove the hair that will give me longer lasting results. I decided to try the Veet wax strips after reading on the package that the results could last up to 4 weeks. I loved the idea of 4 weeks of not having to shave!

The product makes some impressive claims: fewer, finer & softer fair re-growth. Long lasting, salon quality results- enjoy smooth skin for up to 4 weeks. It also claimed to be easy to use, even if your technique wasn’t perfect. The label said that the skin would be left feeling

moisturized and soft. I also liked that the product was okay to use on very short hair. That’s one thing I always hated about waxing, you are supposed to let the hair grow out to at least 1/4 inch before waxing it. Who wants 1/4 of hair on their legs?

Anyway, the label impressed me, so I bought a box of the strips at Walgreen’s for around $8 and tried them out right when I got home. The directions say to rub the wax strip between your hands for about 5 seconds to warm the wax, slowly peel the two strips apart.

Place a strip onto your skin and rub repeatedly in the direction your hair grows. Hold your skin taut, and immediately pull the strip back on itself very quickly, against the direction your hair grows.When you have ...

• finished remove any excess wax with a Veet perfect finishing wipe. The label also said that the same strip could be used over and over, but that part isn’t true because the strip gets full of dead skin once you use it and loses it’s stickiness.

One thing I really liked about the wax strips was that the product was a lot less messy than regular wax that needs to be warmed up. This product just needs to be rubbed between your palms to warm it up and it’s ready to apply. For me, the strips did remove most of the hair, although ripping them off my skin hurt like crazy! The process was also time consuming, but once I got the hang of it, I actually liked the results. The product does leave a little residue behind, but

that rubs off with baby oil or even just a damp paper towel.

What I didn’t like was that I had to use an entire box to remove the hair from my legs, under arms, and bikini line. At $8 a box, that could get expensive. One other negative - although the strips removed the hair pretty well, the results didn’t last as long as they claimed. I began to see re-growth after about 4 days…nowhere even close to 4 weeks.

So, for me, the strips aren’t worth the time and money, even though they do work. If the results had lasted longer, I would say they are worth it. I would recommend them to someone who doesn’t mind putting a lot of time and effort into hair removal. For me, it’s back to shaving every day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426021008100328/k2311a0226/2.26.10