Nivea Body Good-bye Cellulite Smoothing Cellulite Gel-Cream  » Health  »
1.5
  • Whenever a new anti-cellulite cream comes out, I like to try it
  • I paid about $14 for a medium sized tube of the product
  • When I fist applied it, I noticed that it had a really nice smell
  • The product has a texture of a cream and a gel, so I found that it is a little sticky, and I had to wash it off my hands afterward
  • I would not recommend it to anyone looking to reduce cellulite

• by mariekay

Whenever a new anti-cellulite cream comes out, I like to try it. Like many other women, I am always searching for that magic product that will help get rid of the cellulite on my buns and thighs. Although I don’t give it much thought during the winter months since everything is covered up, once warm weather approaches, I panic and end up trying all sorts of creams, lotions, gels, or whatever I can find that might do the trick. I am not fat, in fact I am rather thin, but my skin has changed over the years and is in need of some firming in certain areas. I like to use anti-cellulite creams on my thighs, buns, and tummy areas.

Recently, Nivea came out with a product that intrigued

me: Nivea Body Good-bye Cellulite Smoothing Cellulite Gel-Cream. I saw it at Walgreen’s and decided to purchase it and give it a try. I have used Nivea products in the past and have had mixed results, but I like some of their other lotions. I paid about $14 for a medium sized tube of the product. (Although I have since seen the product at Walmart for $10) The claim was that the product would reduce the appearance of cellulite with consistent use, and results could be seen in 4 weeks.

When I fist applied it, I noticed that it had a really nice smell. IT actually is quite a strong smell at first, to the point where my entire bathroom would smell of this cream after I applied it.

• But, the smell isn’t as strong after the product absorbs. The product has a texture of a cream and a gel, so I found that it is a little sticky, and I had to wash it off my hands afterward. But, it did seem to soak into my skin after a couple minutes, and it felt comfortable and left my skin feeling soft.

After about 2 weeks, I really didn’t notice a significant reduction in the cellulite. I did notice a difference in how soft my skin was, though. In all the places I had been applying the lotion, my skin felt baby soft and all the dry spots I had before were gone. But, this lotion is supposed to reduce cellulite, and I didn’t see that

it did that. So, it’s hardly worth paying such a steep price for something that is little more than just a regular moisturizing lotion in my opinion.

I ended up continuing to use the lotion for the full 4 weeks that the label said it would take to see results. Sadly, although I had high hopes for this product, it just didn’t work. I know that there is no miracle cream to dissolve cellulite, but this one didn’t seem to offer any firming whatsoever. I would not recommend it to anyone looking to reduce cellulite. If you want a cream that smells good and will soften your skin, this will do that. But don’t expect your cellulite to go away by using this. I won’t purchase it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426021008090328/k2311a0226/2.26.10