Avon ADVANCE TECHNIQUES 2-in-1 Healthy Shine Shampoo & Conditioner  » Health  »
1.5
  • I decided to try Avon ADVANCE TECHNIQUES 2-in-1 Healthy Shine Shampoo & Conditioner because I had heard great things about the product from a friend of mine
  • The first time I used the ADVANCE TECHNIQUES 2-in-1 Healthy Shine Shampoo & Conditioner, I noticed the smell was very pleasant without being overpowering
  • The problem was, when I went to comb my hair, I noticed that it was full of tangles
  • So, I found that even though the 2-in-1 saved me time in the shower, I had to use it twice as much as a regular shampoo
  • I think it's the only way to ensure that my hair gets thoroughly cleansed and adequately conditioned

• by mariekay

I decided to try Avon ADVANCE TECHNIQUES 2-in-1 Healthy Shine Shampoo & Conditioner because I had heard great things about the product from a friend of mine. I don’t usually use a shampoo/conditioner combo because it’s difficult for me to imagine that a product could both cleanse and condition the hair in one step. But, I figured if it worked, I would love the time it would save me in the shower. Plus, the price wasn’t too bad at $4 a bottle. I trust Avon products for the most part, so I was really hoping I would be happy with this product.

I have naturally curly, dry, somewhat frizzy hair that needs a lot of moisturizing. I usually use a shampoo and a separate conditioner, olive oil,

and a weekly deep conditioner just to keep my hair under control. I had my doubts that a 2-in-1 product would do the job for me, but I figured for $4, I would give it a try.

The first time I used the ADVANCE TECHNIQUES 2-in-1 Healthy Shine Shampoo & Conditioner, I noticed the smell was very pleasant without being overpowering. The scent lasted all day and I got several compliments on how good my hair smelled. The product was just the right consistency, not too thick and not too thin. I must admit, it was a real time savor to only have to lather and rinse one time. I liked that about the 2-in-1 product.

The problem was, when I went to comb my hair, I ...

• noticed that it was full of tangles. Even after I had combed it all out, it still had a couple knots in it when I was blowing it dry. But, it did seem like it was soft once I styled it. In fact, it was perhaps a little too soft because it didn’t seem to hold curl very well.

I gave it another chance and continued to use it throughout the week. One thing I didn’t like was that my hair seemed heavy and weighed down the more I used the product. Also, the day after washing, my hair was already greasy and needed to be re-washed. usually I can go 2-3 days in between shampoos as my hair a dry and doesn’t get greasy very

easily with regular shampoo and conditioner. So, I found that even though the 2-in-1 saved me time in the shower, I had to use it twice as much as a regular shampoo.

I ended up alternating this product with my regular shampoo and conditioner just because I didn’t want the Avon shampoo/conditioner to go to waste. I suppose the concept of time-saving with one step is good, but for me personally, I need a shampoo and separate conditioner. I think it’s the only way to ensure that my hair gets thoroughly cleansed and adequately conditioned.

I will not purchase this product again, it didn’t impress me. It might work better for someone with a different hair type. Also it gets a few points for smelling so good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426021008080328/k2311a0226/2.26.10