Rembrandt 2 Hour Whitening Kit  » Health  »
1.0
  • The first thing I noticed was that they felt a little uncomfortable
  • I felt like I couldn't swallow, and I definitely couldn't talk
  • Even though I had initially thought the 2 hour routine would be easier and more convenient than the 2 weeks of using strips, I found that the 2 hour process was kind of an ordeal
  • I think the Rembrandt whitening kit was just too strong for me
  • I can't recommend this product because I didn't like wearing it, and didn't like that it caused so much pain

• by mariekay

I have been using teeth whitening products for years. I have used strips, rinses, toothpastes, and many more products to keep my teeth white. The Crest Whitestrips worked for me, but they became too expensive, so I was looking for an alternative to the whitestrips when I came across Rembrandt 2 Hour Whitening Kit. The claim was that the kit would give me white teeth is just 2 hours. That sounded better to me than having to wear the strips twice a day for 2 weeks to get results. The price was less than the strips, too at around $19 for the kit.

The whitening kit was different than the strips, it was 2 trays with capsules of gel to put into them. The directions said to apply the Rembrandt whitening

gel to the upper and lower try applicators, wear for 20 minutes, remove for 10 minutes and repeat, for 4 applications and a total time of 2 hours. So, I followed the directions and filled both trays and put them in my mouth. The first thing I noticed was that they felt a little uncomfortable. I felt like I couldn’t swallow, and I definitely couldn’t talk. I also didn’t like the taste of the gel. The combination of the bad taste and having the bulky trays stuffed into my mouth was enough to make me gag. But I wore the first set for 20 minutes, and kept going like that until the 2 hours was up. Even though I had initially thought the 2 hour routine would be ...

• easier and more convenient than the 2 weeks of using strips, I found that the 2 hour process was kind of an ordeal. But, I figured it was worth it if I got great results.

After the 2 hours was up, I checked the mirror and I noticed a slight brightening of my teeth, but nothing I would call drastic. What I did have was shooting tooth pain throughout my mouth, and my gums felt like they were burning. I do have sensitive teeth, and the tooth pain has happened occasionally with other whitening products, but this pain was by far the worst. It ended up lasting 3 days, and I could hardly eat or drink anything. I have since talked to others who have had similar experiences with this product.

I

spoke with my dentist, and he said that whitening products can cause sensitivity (which I knew) and that they can eat away at the enamel on your teeth. I think the Rembrandt whitening kit was just too strong for me. I ended up buying some toothpaste for sensitive teeth, and after about 3 days my teeth didn’t hurt anymore. But for me, the slight whitening that I saw was definitely not worth all that pain. I got better results with the Crest Whitestrips, and they are more comfortable and cause much less tooth pain.

I can’t recommend this product because I didn’t like wearing it, and didn’t like that it caused so much pain. Also, the results were okay but nothing great. I would suggest no wasting your money on this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3426021008070328/k2311a0226/2.26.10