Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think beautiful curled eyelashes give a very feminine and kind impression
  • Unfortunately, I am the kind of girl with eyelashes that stick straight out so that it looks like I have not eyelashes at all
  • When I used it, I noticed that it gave me a very natural curl, smooth and beautiful without the bends in the lashes that some other curlers cause
  • Overall, I highly recommend the Shu Uemura eyelash curler to anyone who needs to curl their eyelashes

• by kirbystar7

I think beautiful curled eyelashes give a very feminine and kind impression. They can also make a person look energetic and awake. Unfortunately, I am the kind of girl with eyelashes that stick straight out so that it looks like I have not eyelashes at all! Using eyelash curlers is risky because if you do not use it correctly, it can pull out your eyelashes. I have tried all kinds of drugstore curlers, but I was quickly realizing that I had to buy a better quality eyelash curler. I don’t have very many eyelashes, so when the drugstore eyelash curlers began pulling my precious

lashes out, I had to stop using them.

For Christmas, my sister bought me the highly reputed Shu Uemura eyelash curler. It is much more expensive than regular eyelash curlers (around twenty dollars) but I was very excited to try using it. The curler is made of a sturdy metal and the padding is a firm, slightly flexible rubber. When I used it, I noticed that it gave me a very natural curl, smooth and beautiful without the bends in the lashes that some other curlers cause. My friends began to say how pretty and curly my eyelashes looked, and I had to tell ...

• them I curled them myself!

After using it for several months, the eyelash curler has barely pulled out any of my eyelashes, meaning they had time to grow and looked with fuller without being puller out. The sturdy metal prevents “clipping” of my eyelashes (plastic ones can sharpen over time and trim your eyelashes, so watch out!). The rubber padding is still firm and has not dented, which can cause your lashes to bend and look unnatural. The Shu Uemura Curler also comes with extra rubber padding in case the first padding wears out. I use this curler everyday, and so far, it still

works great every time!

If I had to complain about one thing, I would say that the curler sometimes pinches my eyelids when I try to curl close to the root of my eyelashes. Perhaps the eyelash curler is wider than my eyes are and doesn’t exactly fit the shape of my eyes.

Overall, I highly recommend the Shu Uemura eyelash curler to anyone who needs to curl their eyelashes. It’s a little pricier, but do not settle for a low quality curler. I don’t have a lot of eyelashes, so I cannot buy an inexpensive eyelash curler and lose all of them. Neither should you!

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126021007960328/k2311a0226/2.26.10