Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover  » Cosmetics  »
  • I use waterproof eyeliner in order to avoid the characteristic smudging that comes with a pencil eyeliner and waterproof mascara in order to hold the curl of my eyelashes after I curl them
  • Overall, I would recommend Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

• by kirbystar7

I tend to wear waterproof eye makeup a lot. I use waterproof eyeliner in order to avoid the characteristic smudging that comes with a pencil eyeliner and waterproof mascara in order to hold the curl of my eyelashes after I curl them. These waterproof products do a great job of staying on my eyes, but it is also impossible to remove them with just facial wash. As a result, I needed a good eye makeup remover to get rid of the waterproof products before I went to sleep.

I borrowed my roommate’s Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover in order to try

it out. The product comes in a water layer and a oil-like layer, so I have to shake up the bottle thoroughly before I use it. I wetted a makeup pad or tissue with it and wiped it across my made-up eyes. I was pleasantly surprised to see how easily the waterproof makeup came off. Granted, not all of it came off right away, but after two or three wipes of my eyes, the black waterproof products came off.

I am very glad this product is oil-free. My skin is extremely sensitive, so I tend to avoid putting products on my ...

• face because I am worried that anything with oil will cause my skin to break out in severe acne. The Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover has yet to cause my skin to break out, though I do notice that an oily like substance remains under my eyes that I need to clean. Cleaning this residue with water and a tissue seems to irritate the skin around my eyes, causing it get red.

Even though the product works very well it remove the waterproof makeup, sometimes it cannot remove the dark pigment that collects underneath the eyes. I would therefore suggest using the

makeup remover at night for the initial application and then using it again in the morning to get rid of this dark pigment.

Overall, I would recommend Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. It works very well on tough waterproof cosmetics that normal soap and water cannot remove easily. The bottle I purchased is around eight dollars, but then I have found a CVS brand eye makeup remover that can be compared to the Neutrogena brand but is less expensive. If you find Neutrogena to be a little expensive like I do, I would recommend using brands that can be compared to it.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126021007910228/k2311a0226/2.26.10