Gitane Mustang Bicycle  » Other  »
  • I like to bike only when it is flat, no bumps and no little hills to climb
  • I know that a real cyclist loves the challenges of different types of terrain but I do not
  • I love that it is so easy to adjust the seat according to my preference and that means the lowest possible where I could still touch the ground
  • I am definitely not parting with this bike for as long as I can ride it
  • My husband paid about € 150 for this bicycle way back then but I agree with him that paying a little more for high quality products is completely worth it

• by bethbarl

I received this bicycle as a birthday present from my husband. Although I am not a avid cyclist, he is. It’s true that I have also started to like watching Tour de France but in terms of biking, I am very picky on the type of surfaces I want to roll along. I like to bike only when it is flat, no bumps and no little hills to climb. I know that a real cyclist loves the challenges of different types of terrain but I do not.

My bike is not meant for off road and to me it is an ordinary bicycle but with some perks. I am able to change the speed depending on the terrain I am cycling. I love that it is so easy to adjust the seat according to my preference and

that means the lowest possible where I could still touch the ground. I never feel comfortable when my feet are not on the ground. I am not like my daughter or my husband who can hop on to the bicycle and speed away or stop and get off the bike without staying on the bike long enough. The handbrakes work very well and I always felt safe while riding this bike.

Another feature of the bicycle which I also like is that it has a small pad behind where I can put small things such as a backpack which I could take along for shopping. When my kids were less heavy and shorter, I could also take one behind for short rides without putting a child seat on the bike. At any rate, I could not do ...

• this for long as I would eventually get tired in addition to being unsafe. It was a yard activity which I did with the kids but never outside of the property.

I find this bicycle the sturdiest I ever owned and except for flat tires and the occasional calibration/servicing to put grease and to check the hand brakes, there is very little to do with it. It has survived now for nearly fifteen years and still works very well. I am definitely not parting with this bike for as long as I can ride it.

Even if there are no real bike lanes here in Gaborone, this bicycle is always another transport option for me. For quick errands, I use the bike to go to the corner supermarket. I get some exercise and I am in fact quicker

as opposed to taking the car which would entail finding a parking. My only anxiety is, there are also no bicycle ranks in the small shopping mall, I had to chain the bike to a tree.

Altogether, I would not hesitate to recommend Gitane as a dependable and good brand to buy. It is very sturdy, safe, maintenance free and is very easy to handle. My husband paid about € 150 for this bicycle way back then but I agree with him that paying a little more for high quality products is completely worth it. In addition, bicycles are not made anymore like they used to be. I could hardly find any good model of bikes in the market anymore. For this, my Gitane is a winner and will be part of my house removal once more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1226021007660228/k2311a0226/2.26.10