Bactrim pills  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • I was a little irritated at the cost of Bactrim
  • The pill was more than I thought it would be after my insurance coverage

• by Fresian2009

One of the worst things about being diabetic is dealing with injuries to the foot. I was outside and carelessly stepped on a nail. Thank goodness I’d had a tetanus shot previously. My doctor put me on Bactrim pills to keep me from getting any infection in my foot. He wanted to

be on the side of caution and not take any risks.

I was a little irritated at the cost of Bactrim. The pill was more than I thought it would be after my insurance coverage. But at the same time, I was lucky I didn’t have to have stitches. So, I swallowed and paid for it.

One of the first problems I experienced after taking Bactrim was stomach cramps and constantly running to the bathroom. This was not good. I was really worried about getting dehydrated from the medicine. Not to mention, it didn’t feel good to constantly have to get up and walk around my ...

• Bactrim pills
      injured foot.

A friend of mine told me to take the Bactrim with yogurt. I tried that. It seemed to help with the stomach cramps and going to the bathroom. About the sixth day of taking the medicine, I ended up with nausea. It would hit me about half an hour after taking

it. I ended up having to get an over-the-counter medicine to get rid of the nausea to keep taking the antibiotic. So frustrating!

What ended up happening with my foot? I kept it clean like I was instructed to do. I kept taking the Bactrim, despite the side effects. My foot ended up healing without any infection.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2626021007560228/k2311a0226/2.26.10