Guitar Hero: Smash Hits  » Games  »
  • Smash Hits lets me re-live all of the best songs from EVERY Guitar Hero that has been released(except Guitar Hero
  • I loved the online mode, as always, and I enjoyed playing in a band with my family and friends on occasion

• by Evan_Dood

Guitar Hero has been in my life ever since as the first game came out. Sure, everybody else thought it was kind of goofy that I was prancing around with a plastic guitar, mashing buttons and getting as far as I could on such classic songs as “More Than A Feeling” and “Take Me Out,” but I didn’t care. I was having fun.

And now, Guitar Hero: Smash Hits

lets me re-live all of the best songs from EVERY Guitar Hero that has been released(except Guitar Hero: Metallica). At first I didn’t want to get this game since I felt that it would be a waste of money. I mean, it’s the same songs that I already have, right? And they’re just trying to milk more money out of their loyal fans? Well I was wrong. I played my sister’s copy of the game, and the songs are actually quite different from their Guitar Hero originals. Not only do they have re-ordered Guitar parts, but they now have Bass(for the songs that didn’t), the Microphone, and Drums. And the Expert for Guitar is harder than I ever expected it to be. Since Guitar Hero II, I’ve been playing Expert Guitar, and have had very few ...

• Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
      challenges (such as Dragonforce and Slayer) but this game actually gave me a couple. I was able to beat them after only one try or two, but I feared that I was going to fail after a few minutes of playing.

All in all, this game is a wonderful addition to the Guitar Hero franchise, even if it has songs that are already in Guitar Hero games. I loved

the online mode, as always, and I enjoyed playing in a band with my family and friends on occasion. But most of all, I loved revisiting classic songs such as “More Than A Feeling,” “Beast and the Harlot,” “Freebird,” and so on.

If you enjoyed any of the other Guitar Hero games, you’ll definitely enjoy this one. Well, assuming you have the guitar, drums, and/or microphone for your system.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2826021007540228/k2311a0226/2.26.10