Dawn Ultraconcentrated Dishwashing Liquid  » Housewares  »
  • Now I notice that there is a Dawn brand hand-cleansing liquid, and unfortunately my local grocery store stocks it on the same shelves as the dishwashing detergent
  • A fry pan whose inside is blackened with burned-on gunk is not a problem for Dawn

• by charles63

I remember washing dishes before Dawn Dishwashing Detergent was introduced to the market. The detergent came in large bottles or jugs, and you’d pour a large puddle into your dishpan to get started. Adding hot water provided a nice sudsy place to get dishes clean, but the suds would likely disappear before all the dishes were washed, and I couldn’t help but wonder if the last dishes were really getting clean.

Then Dawn came along, and dishwashing was transformed. Dawn’s bottle was tiny compared to the old products, but it took only a tiny

squeeze to do the job. One little dollop of the concentrated Dawn detergent produced plenty of suds, and they stayed until the last dish sat drying in the rack.

Naturally, other brands began to imitate Dawn, but I stuck with Dawn through the intervening decades except for perhaps trying another brand when a sale price made it irresistible. But Dawn was always the dishwashing detergent that I returned to. I liked its smell, I liked its power, and I felt confident that my dishes were clean after I used it.

I did notice some roughness ...

• to my hands after continuous use, but this trade-off was well worth it. I began to use rubber gloves when I washed my dishes. If Dawn was a little harsh on my hands, it was undoubtedly much harsher on any germs or microbes that had taken up residence on my dirty dishes.

Now I notice that there is a Dawn brand hand-cleansing liquid, and unfortunately my local grocery store stocks it on the same shelves as the dishwashing detergent. The bottles look very similar, and I really have to look closely to make sure

I have the correct product.

One of Dawn’s favorite features, for me, is its grease-cutting ability. A fry pan whose inside is blackened with burned-on gunk is not a problem for Dawn. A little spot of Dawn on a plastic scouring pad makes short work of it. What looks like a five- or ten-minute scrub job is over in a flash. I find it nothing short of amazing.

It’s not often that a product comes along that makes a disagreeable chore measurably easier, but Dawn Dishwashing Detergent fills that bill. I give it very high marks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5326021007500228/k2311a0226/2.26.10