NARS Lip Liner  » Cosmetics  »
  • I am not good enough at applying lip liner to avoid making this mistake, so I really need a product that’s easy enough for a child to use, basically
  • I love the look of perfectly applied lip liner, but I haven’t yet mastered the technique
  • I’d go so far as to say that this is the best lip liner I have ever purchased (and trust me, I have purchased a lot of different lip liners from so many different cosmetics brands)

• by MixandMatchIt

With lip liner, you always run the risk of applying too much in the wrong shade and ending up with very strange looking lips. I am not good enough at applying lip liner to avoid making this mistake, so I really need a product that’s easy enough for a child to use, basically. It sounds lame, but it’s true. I love the look of perfectly applied lip liner, but I haven’t yet mastered the technique.

I’ve found that the trick

is to find the perfect shade so that small mess ups in application don’t really become so obvious. I went to the makeup counter for NARS the other day and came away with four different shades of NARS lip liner to try. I purchased Fantasia, Papua, Rosebud, and Salsa.

Each of these I purchased with different lipstick shades in mind. Fantasia is a really soft peach color that goes well with a few of the nude lipstick shades that I own. Papua is a sort of dull rose color.

Rosebud is a brighter rose color. Salsa is a deeper plum shade. All of them are fantastic shades (and all of them are pretty expensive too!).

The reason I use lip liner is to keep my lipstick from smearing and going beyond my lips. The NARS lip liners do a very good job of keeping my lipstick in check. It helps the color stay in place for a really long time.

...

• NARS Lip Liner
      I don’t have to worry about touching up my lips after three or four hours. I can just leave it on all day. The other good thing about the NARS lip liners is that they have so many shades that I can pretty much guarantee you’ll find one to match whatever your favorite lipstick shade may be.

I only purchased four liners and I’m already planning which ones I want to buy next. I’d go so far as to say

that this is the best lip liner I have ever purchased (and trust me, I have purchased a lot of different lip liners from so many different cosmetics brands). The texture of the liner is very creamy.

It has a great consistency that is very similar to a good lipstick. It goes on smooth. Unlike other lip liners, it isn’t really chalky.

I’ve even used the lightest shade, Fantasia, under lip gloss without any lipstick on whatsoever and it still looked good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126021007270128/k2311a0226/2.26.10