Smashbox Cosmetics Soft Lights
  • I haven’t enjoyed every product I’ve purchased from Smashbox, but on average, I am pretty satisfied with their products
  • I think this makes the blush stand out more than it normally would if it just rests on top
  • Even though it was expensive, I bought both shades
  • Personally, I prefer Shimmer because it’s closer to being flesh colored
  • Overall, I’m very impressed with Smashbox Soft Lights

• by MixandMatchIt

Smashbox Cosmetics is not an inexpensive makeup line. Products from this line are much more expensive than your typical drugstore line. That said, the products from Smashbox cosmetics are also of a much higher quality. I haven’t enjoyed every product I’ve purchased from Smashbox, but on average, I am pretty satisfied with their products. My latest purchase is Smashbox Soft Lights. It is a highlighting powder that is basically intended to be used as one of the final steps in a typical

makeup routine after concealer, foundation, and blush have been applied. I am one of those strange people who likes to use a highlighter both under and over blush, kind of in a sandwich fashion. I think this makes the blush stand out more than it normally would if it just rests on top. Smashbox Soft Lights is perfect for this purpose. It’s such a subtle shimmer that you have to use a little more of this product than most other highlighters I currently have in my collection. But, I really like that the glow is subtle because that makes it pretty much impossible to overdo it. Nobody likes the overdone makeup look, me included. This product makes it pretty easy to get just enough onto your face without going overboard. The glow is subtle so it looks natural enough to wear in an everyday setting. I wouldn’t use this before going out at night, but I wouldn’t be afraid to use this for school ...

• Smashbox Cosmetics Soft Lights
      or work or a job interview.

The pot of makeup lasts a surprisingly long time. I’ve been using it pretty much everyday for two weeks and it doesn’t look like I’ve made much of a dent in the product. I will probably have this for at least four or five months, a good length of time for an expensive product that I intend to use often. Right now, Smashbox only makes it in two shades, Prism & Shimmer. Even though it was

expensive, I bought both shades. I just could not resist. Personally, I prefer Shimmer because it’s closer to being flesh colored. Prism is more of a rose color that already looks like the blush I apply. Shimmer is more of a pearl shade so it complements my blush without looking exactly like it. If I had to recommend one, I’d say to go with Shimmer. Both are great shades though!

Overall, I’m very impressed with Smashbox Soft Lights. A great purchase and a long lasting product!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126021007250128/k2311a0226/2.26.10