EVO The Ancestral Diet Dog Food  » Pets  »
  • One of my dogs developed a chronic, reoccurring ear problem that turned out to be yeast related
  • I decided to eliminate the grains from my dog's diet in order to see if this would help with the fight against the yeast infection and to see if there would be other positive results
  • I have not used other products by Natura Pet Products, but I believe in the integrity of the company

• by acslim

I have changed the diet of my dogs and I want to tell others the reason why I did this and the results of the new diet.

One of my dogs developed a chronic, reoccurring ear problem that turned out to be yeast related. After spending a considerable amount of money with my vets and for various ear flushes and medications and after having very dismal results, I decided to attack this problem from a different angle.

I had read about the common occurrences of allergic reactions that SOME dogs MAY have to grains. The rather expensive “designer” dog food I had been using was full of grains.

I decided to eliminate the grains from my dog’s diet in order to see if this would help with the fight against the yeast infection and to see if there would be other positive results. After some research on the Internet, I went to my local health food store to take a look at the various choices of dog foods. I settled on EVO The Ancestral Diet dog food which is totally grain free and has a very low carbohydrate percentage….there is a 23% mix of vegetables and fruit…which provide a good variety of vitamins…but there are NO GRAINS.

The results? After my three month trial run, which was about two years ago, the reoccurring yeast infection had been eliminated. But other benefits ...

• EVO The Ancestral Diet Dog Food
      include a more easily managed weight and a beautiful, shinny coat. Carbs and sugars cause hunger. Eliminate or reduce these two factors and dogs seem to be more satisfied with their food allotment.

I am now a proponent of no grains for dogs and if thoughtfully considered, it is readily apparent that dogs do not normally eat grains….it is not natural. EVO is nutrient dense and so the servings can be smaller. EVO is manufactured in the

UNITED STATES with no China suppliers.

I feel as though I have improved the health of my dogs and I have certainly reduced my vet bills that were formally partially driven by the chronic ear infections that one of the dogs had. The specific variety that I use is the Small Bites Red Meat Formula. I recommend this product. I have not used other products by Natura Pet Products, but I believe in the integrity of the company.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2926021007090128/k2311a0226/2.26.10