Banana Republic Classic Perfume  » Perfume  »
2.0
  • I think they were going for the sombre look that is perhaps a timeless classic
  • I thought it looked a bit cheap as well, and the lid looks a bit plastic as well, which didn’t do much for the overall cheaper look of the bottle

• by leeanne

I got this scent for the bargain price of £9 a couple of months ago. I had never smelt it, but like the other Banana Republic scents, so thought for that price it was worth it to try. After all if I didn’t like it, then I’m sure someone I knew wouldn’t mind a nearly full bottle of Perfume. I see this is currently selling at £7.45 for the 50ml bottle and that the recommended retail price is meant to be around £22, if that is right.

This is in a simple white box, which is quite thick cardboard. The writing is in black and

this just look simplistic and nothing much to it. No fancy colouring or patterns. I think they were going for the sombre look that is perhaps a timeless classic.

The bottle is quite simple as well. It is a clear glass with the writing over the middle of it. I thought it looked a bit cheap as well, and the lid looks a bit plastic as well, which didn’t do much for the overall cheaper look of the bottle. I could perhaps understand that look if this was quite a cheap scent, but if I was paying full price then I would expect a ...

• bit more out of this. The glass seemed quite thick, but the whole look just reminded me of a bottle you would get out of a discount chemist for about £3.

So how did this smell? It was alright. It smelt like a few of the Perfumes out there, and nothing that new or special. It was a bit flowery, and a bit fresh smelling, but not any fruity scents in here. I would say this mainly smelt like Lillies and perhaps some White flowers with a dash of sea air as well. This lasted a good length of time as well, and although it

did fade a bit, it was still a good strength of scent even after a while.

I wouldn’t use this again and did end up giving the bottle away. It was nice enough but just that bit bland and there was nothing much to this. It reminded me a bit of Magnolia and also a nice clean, fresh scent it was slightly too floral for my liking.

Perhaps more suited to the over 40’s and not my cup of tea. Sometimes it’s worth a try when the offers are so good, as you could end up with a scent that you love for this bargain price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5625021007071028/k2311a0225/2.25.10