Cool Daddy Cool-Touch Deep Fryer by Presto  » Housewares  »
  • Once my family tasted all the amazing foods I could make with it, they just keep coming back for more
  • In all, I love the convenience of having many foods ready in an instant, while my family loves all the gooey cheese sticks, crispy French fries, and fried chicken that they can ask for

• by Jude244

Ever since Super Bowl Sunday, my Cool Daddy Cool-Touch Deep Fryer has been getting quite a workout! Once my family tasted all the amazing foods I could make with it, they just keep coming back for more!

When you purchase the Cool Daddy Cool-Touch Deep Fryer, you receive: the main fryer unit, fryer basket, removable pot, and magnetic cord assembly. The unit base has an easy to use adjustable temperature control, and indicator light. The unit also has a removable cover, a cover release button, and an extra large viewing window so you can check out the food while it is cooking.

Using the Cool Daddy is really quite simple to do. When I want to cook, I just open the fryer cover, take out

the fryer basket and set it aside, and then take the removable pot and fill it with oil up to the MAX line or about eight, 8ounce cups.

Next, I close the cover and preheat the unit by attaching the plug to the electric pins of the unit and then taking the power cord and plugging it in to the wall socket. In order to reach the proper temperature, I let it preheat for twelve minutes.

Once it has reached the right temperature, I fill the fry basket with the food I want to make. I usually fill it right about 2/3’s of the way full. Then, I press and release the lid open button, and then gentle move the basket down into the removable ...

• pot until it aligns with the groves on the sides of the handle with the slots on the base. Next, I pull the cool touch lid down and press it until it locks into place. Then, I simply slide the basket lowering button forward to lower the basket down into the oil. This lowering button is found on the handle. Once in the oil, I begin timing the food.

While all times are approximate, the cool daddy fryer does come with a frying timetable to take some guess work out of it. The timetable includes many popular items such as: chicken nuggets, onion rings, French fry’s and even donuts.

There are some things you should keep in mind when using the Cool Daddy though. For example,

you should always strain the oil after it has cooled so that you can remove any food particles that remain. You should also replace oil if it darkens or has an off odor as it will adversely affect the taste of the cooked food. Frozen food covered in ice crystals may cause splattering so it is better to blot them with a paper towel before they reach the oil. Also it is better not to put certain foods in the same oil after one another, for example, dessert cooked after fish may not be pleasant.

In all, I love the convenience of having many foods ready in an instant, while my family loves all the gooey cheese sticks, crispy French fries, and fried chicken that they can ask for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5325021006941028/k2311a0225/2.25.10