Haier Electronic Coffee Maker HDC10LBS
  • In a few minutes my coffee is ready to be poured and enjoyed
  • If you are in the market for a reasonably priced, attractive coffee maker then the Haier HDC10LBS may be something to consider

• by Jude244

Before switching over to my single server coffee maker, I had used my Haier model HDC 10LBS for quite some time. Although I am not making full pots that often anymore, I still use this coffee maker when I have people coming over; as it is pretty reliable and makes a nice pot of coffee.

The Haier HDC10LBS, Hay for short, is a smart looking unit for sure! It has a sleek modern appearance and a carafe that seems to float inside the unit’s main housing. The main features appear stainless steel, while the detailing and carafe handle is black.

When you purchase a Haier, you receive the main unit, removable filter, removable filter basket, and coffee carafe. The main unit features an easy to

read control panel/LCD display, warm plate, flip up cover, water level indicator window, and indicator lights for functions.

Making coffee with the Haier is very easy to do! Before I use any pot for the first time, I run it through a water only rinse cycle to clean the water reservoir and internal housing and then I proceed to make my coffee.

To make coffee with Haier, I simply fill the water carafe with ice cold water, flip up the cover and then fill the water reservoir to the level indicated for the amount I want. Next, I place a filter into its filter basket and then place it back in its housing. Then I add my coffee to the filter, place the carafe back ...

• on the warming plate and press the power button so that the Run indicator light will come on. In a few minutes my coffee is ready to be poured and enjoyed.

Since I need every second to count in the morning, I often took advantage of the automatic/delayed brew feature which allowed me to set the coffee pot at night and wake up to nice, hot coffee. To do this, I only needed to perform a few additional steps to making a regular pot of coffee. All I did was make the pot up to the point where I would have pressed the power on to run, but instead, I pressed the on button twice. When the auto button indicator lit up I hit PROG and

then the clock displayed. From there I just had to set the hour and minutes, of the time and then press PROG again to set the time I wanted the coffee to brew the next day. The next day, the auto light would go off and the run light would turn on when the clock reached the timer.

If you are in the market for a reasonably priced, attractive coffee maker then the Haier HDC10LBS may be something to consider. It has an automatic stop drip feature so you can remove the carafe at anytime and pour a cup of coffee, an automatic/ delay feature so it can be set twenty –four hours in advance for fuss free coffee, and it is easy to operate for regular daily use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5325021006931028/k2311a0225/2.25.10