The Other Boelyn Girl by Philippa Gregory  » Books  »
  • This book was very well written and I have to say i enjoyed it
  • I love historical fiction and I think this one was very well done
  • To me Anne is a far more interesting complex character than Mary and while the story being told for a different viewpoint was refreshing it still would have been better from Annes

• by Urban Beaute

This book was very well written and I have to say i enjoyed it. I love historical fiction and I think this one was very well done. The story is about the love affair between Anne Boelyn and King Henry but what was different about this is that it

was told through the eyes of Anne’s sister Mary.

While I liked the book and even the character Mary it wasn’t ideal for me. As it is fiction the history behind it is skewered and who knows what really happened between Henry and Mary. To me Anne is a far ...

• more interesting complex character than Mary and while the story being told for a different viewpoint was refreshing it still would have been better from Annes. There is a reason why so many historians are fixated on her plight, simply because she is more interesting.

The novel itself told the story

beautifully. It painted a beautiful historical landscape and took us back to the time period which would seem like something everybody already knew and made it fresh.

I very much enjoyed this book and think most history buffs will enjoy it, Philippa Gregory does a wonderful job of telling this story.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1725021006730928/k2311a0225/2.25.10