Nintendo DS Lite Game System
  • I like the Nintendo DS because I feel like he can actually be learning and improving his fine motor coordination when he plays certain video games
  • My son loves to show it off at school, and I love that it makes car trips and waiting for the doctor so much more pleasant
  • I was rather surprised when I found myself navigating an off-raod race track in a souped-up race car after my son had gone to bed one night, but there I was
  • So far, I haven't had a problem with what I've seen
  • I would recommend a Nintendo DS Lite for any child over the age of six who is responsible enough not to lose or break it

• by Jenn

My son finally got a much-wanted Nintendo DS Lite for Christmas this year. His Grandma sent it to him, and it was a huge hit! She also sent a few games to get him started. She bought him the Ben Ten Alien Force Game and a car racing game.

My son seems to enjoy playing his DS even more than watching TV or movies! I like the Nintendo DS because I feel like he can actually be learning and improving his fine motor coordination when he plays certain video games.

I like all the fun colors the DS comes in, and my son is thrilled that he received the blue one, his favorite color. We also like the compact size! The Nintendo DS is about the size of a checkbook, and weigh less than a pound, so it can go practically anywhere. My son loves to show it off at school, and I love that it makes car trips and

waiting for the doctor so much more pleasant! This thing will also come in handy on an upcoming family trip we are planning that involves several hours on an airplane.

There are so many games we can get for this system, too! He already has a Spongebob Squarepants game, Pac Man, Monster Jamz and several other games that not only he enjoys, but the grown-ups in the house do, too! I was rather surprised when I found myself navigating an off-raod race track in a souped-up race car after my son had gone to bed one night, but there I was! I was really getting into it, too.

I like to play the games for my son’s Nintendo DS so I can make sure they’re appropriate for him before he ssttles in to play. So far, I haven’t had a problem with what I’ve seen. My son keeps improving more and more every day with his skill levels, points and overall coordination.

• He does better than I could most of the time, and he’s only six! I like to feel that even as he plays, he is reaping some benefit from it or at least promoting his development. I feel the DS is a good tool for potential learning, depending on the games you choose for your child.

I think the Nintendo DS games are a bit expensive, at between $15-30 for a new copy. I score good deals on used games for my son online at sites like Half.com to help cut the expense down a bit. Really, the system itself is quite a pretty penny to spend on a toy for a six-year-old, at around $120, so thank goodness for Grandmas!! One thing I’ve learned form living with three boys, video games don’t make for a cheap hobby!

Overall, I feel like the Nintendo DS is a great electronic game system for my son. It’s portable, holds a charge long enough

for him to enjoy at least two hours of game play and he seems to have a good handle on the buttons and controls. The DS also features a touch screen to control game play, and comes with a stylus. Luckily, Nintendo was smart and designed a handy docking hole to tuck the stylus into when not in use. Amazingly enough, my son hasn’t lost the tiny tool yet, which is good, because your finger doesn’t work.

I would recommend a Nintendo DS Lite for any child over the age of six who is responsible enough not to lose or break it. Any younger than that and you are just asking for trouble. The Nintendo DS may also be too much of a challenge for younger kids, and most DS games seem to be geared towards children at least 6-8 years old.

The Nintendo DS Lite is like a new, sleeker, more modern version of the Gameboy. What kid wouldn’t love that?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1625021006370928/k2311a0225/2.25.10