Pearl Nightclub - Tucson, AZ  » Entertainment  »
445 Wetmore Rd, Tucson, AZ, 85705
  • I can't say I notice much difference besides drinks costing more, and the crowd is even more pretentious
  • Otherwise, the cover is between $5-7, which is still just too high in my opinion
  • I really enjoyed this club when it was known as the Key's
  • Pearl is one of the few places I know of in town with this feature, and possibly the only club to offer it
  • Overall, I'd recommend somewhere like The Wildcat house for more casual fun, better drinks and a much better dance floor

• by Jenn

I have been to Pearl Nightclub several times since it has been called Pearl, and also when the club was under its previous name, The Key’s. I can’t say I notice much difference besides drinks costing more, and the crowd is even more pretentious. This, apparently, is what the club feels makes it “Tucson’s only Las Vegas-style nightclub”.

Yeah, right! Maybe in their wildest dreams. I’ve been to Las Vegas many times, and nothing about Pearl makes me think of Sin City. Except maybe that it should be a sin to charge a cover to get in this place! After 11 pm on Saturdays, expect to drop $10 just to walk in the door. Otherwise,

the cover is between $5-7, which is still just too high in my opinion.

I really enjoyed this club when it was known as the Key’s. I enjoyed going with my girlfriends and letting our hair down, drinking, dancing and eating at the booths in the back. It was fun, casual and felt nice and local. Now the place feels, well, OUT of place somehow. Tucson does need some upscale spots, but this place doesn’t feel upscale. It feels fake, like its trying way too hard. The dress code regarding flip-flops irritates me, especially here in Arizona. Our stores out here sell plenty of “dressy” flip flops, belive it or not, and when it’s 100 ...

• degrees outside, I’ll wear what I choose on my feet, thank you.

What this place is really good for is private parties for rich people. If you can afford it, Pearl has beautifully-appointed lounge areas and if you don’t mind being stuffed in a corner, you can get a private table. Tables include serious minimums, like over-priced bottles of champagne. Needless to say, I haven’t ever gotten one. Between the cover and expensive cocktails, I have to settle for mingling among the other ‘commoners’ at the regular tables.

I do like to sit out on the smoking patio, because it is becoming harder and harder to find a place to have a drink and a smoke at

the same time. Pearl is one of the few places I know of in town with this feature, and possibly the only club to offer it. And they haven’t decided to charge people extra to use it (imagine that!), that is one big plus for me.

I like the idea of the theme nights, but the only time I went for Pearl’s signature Sin Sunday party, the place was half dead! When the place is crowded, the dance floor is so small it usually feels like it can only comfortably accomodate half the people they let in.

Overall, I’d recommend somewhere like The Wildcat house for more casual fun, better drinks and a much better dance floor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5925021006290928/k2311a0225/2.25.10