STOP SMOKING w/Wellbutrin XL  » Health  »
medication
  • The first few hours I think about it but never get the urge to, so I decide not to think about it-and hours turned to days turned weeks and before I knew it Summer was here-I decided to stay on the Wellbutrin XL just in case-Summer means vacation-barbeques

• by terry923
      I know how hard it is to stop smoking. I have done it so many times but never succeeded until I started taking Wellbutrin XL. I had tried countless times to quit but was never able to stick it out.

I tried the gum, the patches and the lozenges, all without success. In March of 2003 I went to my family doctor and asked her to help me.

She suggested I go on the anti-depressant Wellbutrin XL. Little know

fact: Wellbutrin XL is the medication Bupropion HCI the same medication as Zyban (the prescription medication to stop smoking)Now I don’t know about other medical coverages other than my own, but mine would not cover a prescription for Zyban.

So I started the Wellbutrin in the end of March 2003. You have to start it about 6 weeks before the actual stopping of smoking.

So I’m taking the pills, I have no side effects, I maybe feel the slightest ...

• less edgey which is a good thing. May 10 I have my last cigarette waiting in the car for my son to finish bowling with his league.

I go home do my normal things and never have the urge to smoke. The first few hours I think about it but never get the urge to, so I decide not to think about it-and hours turned to days turned weeks and before I knew it Summer was here-I decided to

stay on the Wellbutrin XL just in case-Summer means vacation-barbeques.

I stay on until September when I go back to my dr and she weans me off the pills. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT-NEVER STOP TAKING ANTI-DEPRESSANTS ON YOUR OWN.

YOU MUST BE UNDER A DR CARE AND YOU MUST GRADUALLY STOP TAKING THEM. I stop the WEllbutrin with no problems and here I am going on 4 years SMOKE FREE.

I stopped smoking with minimal weight gain and no urges.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342910100610331/k2311a1029/10.29.06