Yria perfume by Yves Rocher  » Perfume  »
1.0
  • I have bought products from Yves Rocher for many years now and have always been impressed with the quality of just about everything I have ever tried
  • On spraying this onto my skin I was initially disappointed with the scent as to be perfectly honest reminded me of cheap hairspray
  • This did change though as soon as the scent started to settle I could definitely detect the vanilla and magnolia though both were very subtle
  • It fades very quickly and I am therefore not going to recommend this perfume

• by Tick tock

I have bought products from Yves Rocher for many years now and have always been impressed with the quality of just about everything I have ever tried.

I recently bought one of their perfumes as I had a voucher for Anything for £6. I chose this perfume I’m now reviewing - Yria as the normal R.R.P is £18 for the 30ml size and £23 for the 50ml bottle so I believed I was bagging a bargain so to speak.

The bottle is nothing too exciting to look at considering the normal price - clear glass and straight up and down

with a gold and red plastic lid. I would have thought considering the price it would have been a little bit more expensive looking and more glamorous?

But after all it’s how it smells that matters and this contains the following:

Top notes are Coriander, bergamot, mandarin and orange.

Middle notes are Magnolia, jasmine, lily of the valley and rose.

The base notes are Tonka bean, sandalwood, amber, patchouli and vanilla.

On spraying this onto my skin I was initially disappointed with the scent as to be perfectly honest reminded me of cheap hairspray!

It was very overpowering and not particularly pleasant at ...

• first.

This did change though as soon as the scent started to settle I could definitely detect the vanilla and magnolia though both were very subtle.

I was surprised that considering there is mandarin and orange used in this perfume there wasn’t even a hint of anything citrus smelling at all and apart from the vanilla and magnolia nothing else stood out at all.

This is very strong on first spraying onto your skin so imagine how surprised I was that it didn’t last for longer than 1 hour!

It fades very quickly and I am therefore not going to recommend

this perfume. Once the scent settles down it DOES have a nice vanilla/magnolia vibe going on and that’s what makes it disappointing as it just doesn’t last long enough.

If you do buy any of this then I’d suggest it to be worn as a daytime scent and to keep the bottle with you in your bag to keep re-applying several times a day. It’s far too light to be worn as an evening perfume as you may as well wear nothing.

I’ll continue to use the rest of the bottle up but this is one perfume I will not be buying again. Ever.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5625021006070828/k2311a0225/2.25.10