Philips Hair Dryer HP 4315  » Electronics  »
  • Operating this dryer was never an issue with my kids as it is straightforward
  • In short, although this is a simple hair dryer which cost me less than € 15 many years ago, I have found multiple uses for it from its main purpose of hair drying to even lighting fires

• by bethbarl

This hair dryer is the second one I ever owned. I don’t bother a lot with my hair, in terms of styling or getting it curled and all such stuff. For as long as my hair is healthy, reasonably cut and presentable, I do not wish to spend unnecessary time on it.

Having a hair dryer helps me achieve a simple, no fuss look.

The dryer is I guess as with a majority of appliances of this type really easy to operate. It has only 2 heating/drying settings – medium and high heat. This is normally enough to dry my hair which is not so thick nor too thin. It blows only hot air and unlike the newer models, emits no cool air. This can be a setback

at times but if I need cool air, then I just dry it naturally or if I am in a hurry use the electric fan. I even go out with wet, damp hair.

At any rate, what is most important for me is that I do not go to bed with wet hair in wintertime which could give me a headache, immerse my pillow in water or at worst, catch a cold. I just dry my hair using this machine and even if I do not have that much patience to wait until it is completely dry, at least the bulk of my wet hair has dried.

My teenage daughter also uses this dryer as she is now starts styling her hair. Operating this dryer was never an issue with ...

• my kids as it is straightforward. In addition to hair drying, I also find other uses for this machine. Before the advent of firelighters, I often used this dryer to start a fire in the barbecue grill or revive the fire when it is about to die down. The same goes to get the fire going in our little fireplace in the sitting room. I do use the firelighters but when I run out of them, then having the dryer blow some hot air in the pile of wood with some papers help me start a fire immediately.

My kids’ school projects were not also begrudged of the assistance of this dryer. It helps make their artwork dry quicker or gluing things in a shorter time. As such, they save

time while doing their projects which actually translates to more leisure time for them such as watching TV or playing with their friends.

In short, although this is a simple hair dryer which cost me less than € 15 many years ago, I have found multiple uses for it from its main purpose of hair drying to even lighting fires. I have more than recuperated the money I spent on this machine. This is a basic dryer which is very functional. Its strongest point is that it is very durable and has withstood the test of time. I would not hesitate to get the same brand again if my kids ever decide they want something fancier for their hair needs. As for me, this is the only one I will probably ever own.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1625021005820828/k2311a0225/2.25.10