American Vampire
2.5
  • I picked up the movie American Vampire in the $1 section at Walmart and now know why, until I bought it, I had never heard of it

• by Steve
      I picked up the movie American Vampire in the $1 section at Walmart and now know why, until I bought it, I had never heard of it. The movie reminded me a lot of the bad vampire movies that were frequent throughout the 80s.

It

had it all, teenagers being left alone at the house during the summer, surfing, and scantily clad women.

There were even vampires in it.

Considering the only actors I had even heard of were Carmen Electra and Adam West and they didn’t even have a ...

• lead role in the film, I shouldn’t have been surprised that the overall plot and script were stupid.

I do have to admit Adam West did a good job playing the Big Kahuna, who under his surfer exterior, came from a long line of Vampire

Hunters.

But, like Electra, his role was extremely limited and would have been more effective if he had more lines.

If you’re looking for a movie to laugh at, this is one you can get on a limited budget.

If you’re looking for a good horror flick, this isn’t it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112710100560431/k2311a1027/10.27.06