Holiday Villa, Alor Setar, Malaysia  » Hotels  »
1.0
Jalan Tuanku Ibrahim, Bandar Alor Star, Mukim Kota Star, 05000 Kedah Darul Aman, Malaysia.
  • The price that I paid for this hotel was comparable to a hotel in Kuala Lumpur so I expected the best
  • Unfortunately to my dismay the floor on which the executive suites were, were actually under construction
  • Inside the room I was disappointed to see that an executive suite looked more like a standard room - two double beds and hardly enough space to move around, and with an ancient looking TV
  • In conclusion I would not recommend this hotel to travellers and tourists

• by Dcsk

I stayed at the Holiday Villa, Alor Setar during my last trip to Alor Setar a few months ago. The price that I paid for this hotel was comparable to a hotel in Kuala Lumpur so I expected the best. Especially since I had booked myself into the Executive Suite.

Unfortunately to

my dismay the floor on which the executive suites were, were actually under construction. It was very dusty and the carpets were being removed, exposing dangerous and nasty nails on the ground. There were also some rather supsicious looking contractors walking around the corridors which made me somewhat nervous.

Inside the room ...

• I was disappointed to see that an “executive suite” looked more like a standard room - two double beds and hardly enough space to move around, and with an ancient looking TV. And the bathroom looked as if it had been completely run down.

I shall not even mention the buffet breakfast

which was so miserable. It was an utmost disappointment!

The location of the hotel was also not great. It was next to a bargain shopping complex which really cheapens the atmosphere and ambience of the place.

In conclusion I would not recommend this hotel to travellers and tourists. It is simply not worth the price!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 225021005321228/k2311a0225/2.25.10