IKEA Kritter Toddler Bed  » Furniture  »
  • The problem that we have is that my daughter does not have her own room where we could place a normal-sized single bed

• by Princess Sarah

Our daugher has been sleeping between us since she was born. She was getting larger by the day and moves around a lot at night when she sleeps, which bothers my husband and I tremendously. Her movements would wake us up.

So we decided to buy a small bed for her. The problem that we have is that my daughter does not have her own room where we could place a normal-sized single bed. So we had to find a smaller bed that would fit into out master bedroom. Already our master bedroom is pretty cramped.

Before we went to IKEA to find a bed

for her, I measured the space between the wall and our bed where we could fit in a toddler’s bed. I measured it and it felt like 4 palm size measurements. I kept that in mind.

We walked around the IKEA store and found lots of bed, mainly single or double beds. Most of the bed frames are too large, and would not fit the space in our master bedroom. But when I spotted the Kritter toddler bed, I just knew that it would fit. It looked rather narrow for a start. I measured its width with my palm and it was just ...

• nice.

The IKEA Kritter Toddler Bed has sheep designs on the headboard, which is suitable for children. In addition to that, there is a bed rail at the side. We affixed it even though we were going to place the bed by the window, against the wall. On the other side of the bed will be against our queen-sized bed.

There is one setback I find after purhasing the IKEA Kritter Toddler Bed. My daughter moves around a lot at night. As such, she often hits her head on the wooden headboard or side railings. We had to ensure that we had lots of

cushions and pillows around so that she would not suffer any injuries.

Another setback is that it did not come with mattresses. It is sold separately. And since this is a toddler bed of a specific size, unique to IKEA, you will find it a problem to buy fitted mattress covers from other shops. You will have to get a set from IKEA itself. Apart from that, I must say that the IKEA Kritter Toddler Bed is a great buy, fantastic value for money. At a cheap price of less than $100, it is worth it. A wonderful buy for transition beds from cots to single beds!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5725021005311228/k2311a0225/2.25.10