Samsung ES60 Camera
  • I love the fact that we can view the images on the 2.5 intelligent LCD, a larger screen from our previous camera
  • The best feature of the Samsung ES60 Camera must be the easy to use panel control
  • But it is really no issue since we could get cheap ones outside

• by Princess Sarah

My husband and I have had an old camera for a long time. It is not fantastic but it is workable. However, recently we decided to get a new one. Our criteria is simple - it has to be cheap and good.

Considering the fact that the camera is going to be for simple, daily usage, we need not get something too fancy or complicated to use.

We saw an ad in the papers showcasing a Samsung camera at a reasonable price at a local store. We decided to take a look. I had wanted to get a camera which did not have any lapse when we click on the shutter release. I tried the Samsung ES60

camera model. It is lightweight at 120g, compact and easy to use. Most importantly, the picture is captured as soon as the shutter release button is clicked.

The Samsung ES60 Camera captures 12.2 megapixel pictures. It has 3 times optical zoom. You can call it a smart camera with beauty shot, face detection and digital image stabilization features. It is also able to fix red-eye effects.

The Samsung ES60 Camera has both picture and movie functions. I love the fact that we can view the images on the 2.5″ intelligent LCD, a larger screen from our previous camera. The Samsung ES60 Camera is also affixed with internal memory of approximately 11 MB and external memory. We ...

• were given a 4GB SD card for free by the store where we bought the camera, enough to store lots of images. It also uses Li-Ion battery which lasts longer than a normal alkaline battery.

The best feature of the Samsung ES60 Camera must be the easy to use panel control. It is really idiot proof. I got used to it rather quickly. If you need to take a picture and there is no one to snap it for you, you can also use the timer system. They have the timer in 2 second or 10 second intervals. We tried that when we took a family picture at the park. It turned out brilliantly. I

must say that all the pictures taken were clear and beautiful. You can also crop the picture without having to use any software on the computer. You can just do it on the camera itself. Both the original and cropped picture would be available.

The only setback is that the Samsung ES60 Camera does not come with a carrying case. You have to get your own. But it is really no issue since we could get cheap ones outside.

Overall, I felt that the Samsung ES60 Camera is great value for money. With the features stated above and with a cheap price of S$149, it is one of our fantastic buys this year. I simply love our new Samsung camera.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4325021005291228/k2311a0225/2.25.10