IKEA Korall Fisk Storage basket
  • However the disadvantage is that if the toy is located right at the bottom of the storage basket, she would have to over-turn the entire basket to retrieve it

• by Princess Sarah

WIth the growing number of toys that my daughter has accummulated in just three years, there was an urgent need to find a place to store them all. We needed something that is large, pretty and easily kept when not in use.

We found the perfect storage basket at IKEA. It is called the IKEA Korall Fisk Storage basket, designed by Annika Grottell. It is basically a see-through net basket. That gives an advantage of identifying the toys my daughter needed at any point in

time. There were moments when she was looking for a particular one. However the disadvantage is that if the toy is located right at the bottom of the storage basket, she would have to over-turn the entire basket to retrieve it.

It is made from 100% polyester, with some Polyethylene foam filling for the handles. The handles allows you to hang the storage basket on the walls of your children’s bedroom, saving floor space. An excellent idea!

When the IKEA Korall Fisk Storage basket is not ...

• in use, you can actually press it flat and velcro it together, saving lots of space. A superb invention!

The IKEA Korall Fisk Storage basket has a diameter of 35cm and a height of 45cm, providing sufficient storage space for my daughter’s toys. I must say that for an investment of $12 for the storage basket, it fits into the criteria we set out for our daughter’s storage facility for her toys.

I must say that is looks simple and pretty, even if I had to

leave it in the living room, when my daughter plays with them. The fish design as the cover for the storage is attractive.

We were so pleased with the IKEA Korall Fisk Storage basket that we bought a similar one called the IKEA Korall SKOLDPADDA Storage Basket which has a different cover design. This time it depicts a turtle, so cute and attractive, suitable designs for a children’s room.

The IKEA Korall Storage baskets are a great buy to store your children’s toys, cheap and pretty!

Alexander says :

The KORALL basket fits nicely for one machine load of laundry (4.5kg). I bought SKOLDPADDA (blue) for low-temperature items and FISK (red) for high-temperature ones. After using them for four years, I have to replace them now.

As of today, I did not find KORALL FISK or KORALL SKOLDPADDA on the IKEA Web Site. The new name of the box is KUSINER, the lid has changed. I guess I will continue to use the old lids…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5725021005151228/k2311a0225/2.25.10