Mr. Light Set of Two Color Changing Pillar Candles
2.5
  • I was excited when I found color changing pillar LED candles on a site called mrlight
  • So, unfortunately I don't even use the color change feature
  • So, I guess that's a lesson I learned about ordering online

• by Scarlet Hughes

I used to be able to find my favorite color change battery operated pillar candles at stores like Walgreens and Longs before they became CVS. Now they only seem to have the regular ones with no colors. I was excited when I found color changing pillar LED candles on a site called mrlight.com. What’s more they were on sale for 20 bucks, which makes them ten dollars a piece. That’s still a little more than I remembered paying at the drug store, but I was so happy to find them that I ordered two sets.

They arrived quickly, even though I opted for UPS ground shipping, so at first I was very pleased.

So, here’s the problem. The ones I used to but at the drugstore had a button on the bottom that allowed you to set a particular color for your candle. That made them versatile and was a major reason why I loved these particular flameless candles. Although, the pillar candles from Mr. Light were advertised as having different modes, they lack this feature. So, if you put them on the color setting, the colors will just continue to ...

• crazily cycle through every color of the rainbow. Not exactly the serene effect I was going for. The colors also cycle through quickly and irregularly, which is problamatic when you want to use them as a pair, say on either side of a mantle. They’ll never be the same color at the same time.

So, unfortunately I don’t even use the color change feature. What’s more, I’m sort of stuck with them as Mr. Light has no return policy. For the record, the regular amber flicker setting is very pretty on these candles. However, it’s cold

comfort as I already know where to get candles like these at stores, and usually for cheaper. I just would’ve liked to have a better online description of these candles before I ordered. It seemed like common sense that you should be able to select the color. I thought I knew what I was buying.

So, I guess that’s a lesson I learned about ordering online. I’ll ask questions next time. I’m sure I’ll find uses for them, like when there’s a power outage. In the meantime, my search continues for my favorite color change candles.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1225021005101228/k2311a0225/2.25.10