Whole Foods - NYC  » Shopping  »
4 Union Square East, New York, NY 10003
  • Though it may sound crazy to some, one of the many reasons I chose to live in my amazing East Village neighborhood is its proximity to the Whole Foods store in the Union Square area
  • Now I will be the first to admit that the awesome selection of foods and products at Whole Foods is not inexpensive by any means, but the phenomenal quality, stunning variety, broad organic food and product selection and the sheer overall entertainment value of the Union Square Whole Foods makes this NYC destination certainly worth the cost at the register
  • Literally the only tiny complaint I have about this Whole Foods (and other locations of Whole Foods I would suspect) is the long wait times to check out that I experience nearly every visit I make there

• by gemma10

Though it may sound crazy to some, one of the many reasons I chose to live in my amazing East Village neighborhood is its proximity to the Whole Foods store in the Union Square area!

Now I will be the first to admit that the awesome selection of foods and products at Whole Foods is not inexpensive by any means, but the phenomenal quality, stunning variety, broad organic food and product selection and the sheer overall entertainment value of the Union Square Whole Foods makes this NYC destination certainly worth the cost at the register!

Some of my favorite purchases at Whole Foods Union Square are the sushi, special bakery items of almost any type, a quick meal in the relaxed upstairs cafe (where you’ll find a great

diverse crowd), the organic coffee, the peak-of-freshness berries and hard-to-find hand lotions and other upscale organic beauty products. Additionally, on the few occasions I’ve cooked for entertaining friends and family, the seafood selection at Whole Foods has been a God-send…always uber-fresh, always impressive and always matched by a simply terrific Seafood Dept. staff who gladly suggest great menu and recipe ideas that my guests have always LOVED!

Since I don’t cook myself often, it’s also worthy for me to note that the availability of Whole Foods’ prepared foods makes the stop there worth it all by itself. In that Union Square neighborhood, non-cooks never have to rely upon junky fast food or sub-par supermarket offerings when wholesome, tasty and superb prepared foods are always at the ready ...

• at the Whole Foods. I should be ashamed to admit (but I’m not!) that I stop at Whole Foods nearly every single day after work or on the weekend. What can I say? I LOVE the Union Square Whole Foods. Also, when all else fails for something to do, there’s nothing like sitting at the front window area on the ground floor of Union Square Whole Foods to just people watch (generally a sort of energetic, diverse, young, casually sophisticated crowd) or browse the newspaper.

Literally the only tiny complaint I have about this Whole Foods (and other locations of Whole Foods I would suspect) is the long wait times to check out that I experience nearly every visit I make there.

At peak times and days, it’s not surprising for me to wait more than 20 minutes on the check-out line and on an overall good day there, more than 10 minutes waiting. For me personally, it’s always been worth the wait for the food and products I’m able to buy there, but I’ll be the first to admit that some days are just particularly aggravating and it seems ridiculous to be on ANY check-out line that long, especially if I’m in a rush to get somewhere.

All in all, I’m fairly certain that if you give the Union Square Whole Foods a chance, you too will become a fan. They do it all great - food, selection, staff, environment, aisle placements, excitement, products, location….I LOVE IT!!

Happy shopping….

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2425021005001128/k2311a0225/2.25.10