Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 digital camera  » Cameras  »
  • The 12x optical zoom lens is one of the main reasons why I decided to give this camera a go
  • Overall I find this camera a highly attractive piece of photographic hardware and I recommend it to any semi-pro photographer or hobbyist

• by hugolord

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 digital camera is my latest product and it is a superbly designed product by Panasonic. The 12x optical zoom lens is one of the main reasons why I decided to give this camera a go.

I am still surprised how a 12x leica lense fits inside this extremely compact digital camera but that is besides the point.

My friends are usually surprised by the zoom capabilities of this camera and even laugh at me for pointing

it out before the see me taking a zoomed up picture with it.

The camera also has video recording functions with an excellent quality of 720p JPEG.

This not only makes it so that I no longer have to bring out my bulky Sony video camera but it adds more and more positive aspects to the camera.

The high price of this camera tends to make it quite negative as the batteries are one of the negative aspects of it.

...

• I realized after a while that I needed to use the specific batteries that came with the camera and could not really buy my own from other brands and they were not compatible with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7.

The quality of the pictures, however, is quite pleasing as a 10.

1 megapixel camera is perfect for my needs.

The optical stabilizer is a must and I glad Panasonic decided to incorporate it on their camera as it makes the job of

taking zoomed up pictures a lot easier.

Scene modes are another beneficial function in this camera as they have all kinds of preset settings for different photographing scenes such as sunset, sky at night, food etc.

All these brilliant features are a burden on the battery and especially when filming video the battery will obviously be drained fast.

Overall I find this camera a highly attractive piece of photographic hardware and I recommend it to any semi-pro photographer or hobbyist.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4325021004911128/k2311a0225/2.25.10