Banana Republic Alabaster Perfume
2.5
  • I was happy enough to use this, but don’t think I would buy a bottle of this
  • It was nice, but since I love Perfume and am always trying new ones, I wouldn’t say this is up to the standard of ones that I currently use, and there is always others that come out that I like just that bit better than this one

• by leeanne

I first smelt the banana Republic scent when my friend from America came over. I had heard of the label, but never seen anything about them over here. This is the Perfume she had been using and as a result I have tried the others in the range. They are quite nice all of them, but nothing that special that I would go out my way for.

This cost £16.99 for a 50ml bottle. Pretty expensive compared to the more famous designer brands. I do like the packaging through. The box is pretty large, and large enough to let the bottle sit propped

up in the box without it being stuck in. it is a medium brown colour, which I don’t think is the most flattering. It has the lettering quite small and it looks nice, but is a simple way. It doesn’t look cheap through. The bottle is simple as it is just a clear glass that you can see the liquid through. It is slightly pointed at the bottom and although this is ok when it is propped in the box, it wouldn’t stand on your dresser easily enough. The lid is flat and just sits propped on the top.

This scent lasts pretty ...

• well as well. I sprayed this early in the morning and could still smell hints of it about 8 hours later. Pretty good going, but I guess for the price that is what I was expecting.

So how does this smell? It is quite hard to explain as it is like there is a good amount of notes in here all mixed up together which seem to make just 1 nice scent. It is a crisp fresh scent, but not a fruity hint, just a sort of musky, vanilla fresh air scent. It is just a simple classic type of scent. I

would say it is quite a masculine smelling perfume, but not in an aftershave way, but in a more gritty scented way. It is not all flowery, which is a nice change. I also think this reminds me of the Davidoff range.

I was happy enough to use this, but don’t think I would buy a bottle of this. It was nice, but since I love Perfume and am always trying new ones, I wouldn’t say this is up to the standard of ones that I currently use, and there is always others that come out that I like just that bit better than this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5624021004811128/k2311a0224/2.24.10