Acer Aspire One  » Laptops  »
  • Acer quotes battery time as around two and a half hours but from experience, i have found it to be closer to an hour and forty minutes which can be a problem if you are using it on a long journey with no means of charging
  • I think it would be possible to get over two hours if you were running very low drain programs, low screen brightness, etc. It is possibe to get an upgraded battery that gives twice the amount of run time but I have yet to find a website that sells these at a reasonable price
  • The only problem I have had with it was that the LCD screen panel cracked and I was quoted over £100 to get it replaced
  • However, I found a website that sold the panels for £40 and I replaced it myself
  • I would recommend the Acer, the only problems being the poor battery time and possibly the lack of disc drive

• by James Milton

The Acer Aspire one is one of the earlier models of netbook, following on from the success of the Asus Eee pc. I purchased the top of the range model with 120GB of internal hard drive storage and 2GB of RAM which is more than enough for a computer of this size, especially if it is a second computer used mainly for browsing the internet and producing Word documents.

My netbook came with the Linpus Linux Lite

which was made for this computer and is not available anywhere else.

The Linux OS was one of the reasons why I chose the Acer because it runs very fast and has none of the problems associated with Windows such as viruses and long start up times.

There is only a limited amount of extra software that can be installed and even this would be very difficult for someone who is not familiar with Linux OS.

Acer ...

• quotes battery time as around two and a half hours but from experience, i have found it to be closer to an hour and forty minutes which can be a problem if you are using it on a long journey with no means of charging.

It is possibe to get an upgraded battery that

gives twice the amount of run time but I have yet to find a website that sells these at a reasonable price.

The only problem I have had with it was that the LCD screen panel cracked and I was quoted over £100 to get it replaced.

However, I found a website that sold the panels for £40 and I replaced it myself.

I would recommend the Acer, the only problems being the poor battery time and possibly the lack of disc drive.

Acer Aspire One

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6324021003570628/k2311a0224/2.24.10