The Olde Pink House, Savannah GA  » Restaurants  »
23 Abercorn Street, Savannah Georgia
  • You can get very fancy dishes, such as the sweet potato ravioli with cream sauce and balsamic reduction that I ordered, or a pork chop with macaroni and cheese and collard greens as my beloved enjoyed
  • Desert was just as amazing and the service was top notch

• by Reviewabit

The night my fiance proposed to me, I was treated to a dinner at the Olde Pink House. This fine restaurant in Savannah is a very special treat in so many ways. The history of the house is fascinating- it’s name coming from the fact that though many people have tried to change the color of it, something in the building materials turns it back to pink every time.

Finally (as our tour guide told us) the owners decided the house just wanted to be pink, so they let it be! Another great story, it is

haunted (as is every other notable house in Savannah, of course!) But the real treat is the food and service. This place seems like a perfect hybrid of a fine dining establishment, and a relaxed Southern manor.

You are served in one of many rooms, all elegantly decorated, and almost all have a story. The decor is very classy.

The food is part high end gourmet, part good ole’ Southern cooking. You can get very fancy dishes, such as the sweet potato ravioli with cream sauce and balsamic reduction that I ordered, or a pork ...

• chop with macaroni and cheese and collard greens as my beloved enjoyed! You will see grits, greens, and cornbread on the menu alongside herb crusted lamb and lobster tails.

Desert was just as amazing and the service was top notch. Our server was very attentive and paid great attention to detail, all with a gentle, soft spoken Southern charm.

Probably the biggest surprise was the pricing, because it was very affordable. Given the atmosphere, service, and quality of the food I would have expected to pay well over $100, but our bill was only slightly over

$60.

I can’t say enough about how beautiful and charming the old house was. All of the staff are obviously proud of it and will be happy to show you around.

There are several levels, the upper one is a bar, if I remember correctly. This is a place everyone who visits Savannah should enjoy at least once! I know I will be back on my next trip.

One note: make reservations, because this is a very very popular place and you may have to wait a long time if you don’t make them ahead of time!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 723021003411028/k2311a0223/2.23.10