The Dead Girl movie  » Movies  »
  • The best of these was one I had not seen before, and was surprised by the quality of it
  • The format of the plot is similar to the movie Crash but I actually enjoyed this one better
  • Although the film seemed a bit long and there were parts I thought should have been edited out for time, it did keep my attention
  • Piper Laurie was also in the film and like all the actors, did an amazing job

• by Reviewabit

Saddened by the premature death of actress Brittany Murphy, I put a few of her better known films on my Netflix list. The best of these was one I had not seen before, and was surprised by the quality of it.

The dead girl starts with a woman finding a decaying body in a

field.

It then goes on to slowly weave five separate stories, each emotional and tragic- until finally at the end it is revealed how all five are connected.

The format of the plot is similar to the movie “Crash” but I actually enjoyed this one better.

Maybe that is because the stories centered around women, showing their strengths, and weaknesses.

It is a gritty, dark sort of movie that is probably not going to be your pick if you want a happy ending.

These stories are representative of realities we don’t really want to think about– so very real.

Although the film seemed a bit long and there ...

• The Dead Girl movie
      were parts I thought should have been edited out for time, it did keep my attention.

Brittany Murphy played a very pitiful character, and she played it so very well.

She drew you in to the woman’s world– her hopes and sorrows.

Piper Laurie was also in the film and like all the actors,

did an amazing job.

There are some elements of the film that might seem all too real for people whose circumstances are similar.

Most of the film moves at a steady pace, somewhat slow.

There are many mysteries to which you are given clues.

Have a few kleenex handy if you are prone to crying at movies!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1123021003351028/k2311a0223/2.23.10