Blue Spring Heritage Center  » Travel  »
1537 CR 210, Eureka Springs, Arkansas
  • I have seen a lot of gardens, but this was hands down the most interesting
  • The frangrance of all the aromas blended into one was a unique experience

• by Sandi

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

Blue Spring Heritage Center is amust see for anyone who aprreciates the beauty of nature or the history of the Native Americans. It sets outside Eureka Springs, one of out favorite areas of the ozarks to visit and site see. The first thing we saw when arriving at Blue Spring was the Spring itself. This is a natural spring that has been beatuifully done with rock boarders and plants and flowers surrounding it. The water itself is so clear.

It is the prettiest color of a deep greenish/blue I have ever seen. It is just mesmorizing. I could have stared at the water for hours. It was in the middle of summer and very hot.

My girls both wanted to jump in. This is not for swimmng, just for looking at, as is everything at the heritage center. We we told to stay on the trails at all times and not to

pick any of the flowers or plants, in order to protect and keep for others to enjoy. There is alot of history to Blue Spring.

One of the things that caught my interest was the fact that this was a part of the Trail of Tears where the Cherokee’s stayed for a while on there long, sad journey after being kicked out of there land. The Blue Spring Heritage Center consists of four different gardens, all very fun to look at, but with the purpose of keeping a heritage alive and preserving some of nature that has been distroyed by civilization in the rest of the land. The first garden we toured was the Medicine Wheel Garden. This is a great way to see how spiritual the Indians were.

They grew all their healing plants and herbs in a circular garden with certian plants going in a determined direction to work proberly.

• The second garden was the Three Sister’s Garden. This garden is the food that fed the Indian’s with corn, beans, and squash being the Three Sister’s that held the rest together by placing them in a certian order. As with the herbs everything had to line up right to be spiitually correct.

The third garden is not really a garden at all. It is the Woodlan area, with protected trees that as are they were since before civilization took over elsewhere. It was a good feeling to see that some of Native America still exists. The fourth and my favorite, as well as the rest of my family’s favorite was the flower and plant garden.

I have seen a lot of gardens, but this was hands down the most interesting. There were plants and flowere here of every color and shape. The frangrance of all the aromas blended into one was a

unique experience. What I remember really comeing through the most was the smell of the honeysuckle.

I could not get enough of this. This is a beautiful garden to look at, but the main purpose of the garden is to wach and study all plants and help to protect some native plants that are dissapearing in our country. The Bue Spring Heritage Center was a wonderful experience in the learning of history as well as seeing nature at it’s best and most beautiful. We were there in the summer when many of the flowers were in full bloom.

I would like to go back in the spring to see some that only bloom then. I would also like to get back in the fall sometime to see the Woodlands when they are in full color. Overall our experience here was wonderful, we will make a point to go back.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3823021002680928/k2311a0223/2.23.10