Back to Basics Egg & Muffin Appliance  » Housewares  »
  • I love Egg Mc Muffins, just not getting to McDonald’s before they end breakfast for the day
  • I really enjoyed my homemade egg & muffin sandwich
  • I think it was even better than McDonald’s because I didn’t have to get up early, stand in long lines or wait in long drive through pick ups

• by Jude244

I love Egg Mc Muffins, just not getting to McDonald’s before they end breakfast for the day. So when I saw the Egg& Muffin toaster by Back to Basics, I knew I had to give it a try! As an added bonus, this cute and versatile appliance was relatively inexpensive too!

When you purchase the Back to Basics Egg & Muffin, you receive the main unit, a steamer tray, poaching tray, warming tray, lid with steam vent, and measuring cup with egg piercer. The main unit contains two toaster slots, a light/dark lever, a carriage lever, touch pad control screen, and a heating tray.

The first time I wanted to make an Egg Mc Muffin at home, I removed the lid, warming tray, and steamer

tray from the unit. Then I placed the muffin in the toaster slots and adjusted the light/dark lever to the setting that I preferred. Next, I filled the measuring cup up to the medium line above the poached egg mark and then poured the water in the heating tray. Then, I placed the steamer tray above the heater tray and applied Pam cooking spray to the poaching tray. Next, I took a scrambled egg and placed it into the poaching tray and then set that into the steamer tray. I ten, put a precooked sausage patty into the warming tray which fits above the eggs tray. Next, I placed a lid over the warming tray and plugged in the appliance. Once plugged in, I pushed the EGG/TOAST button ...

• on the touch pad; I pulled the carriage lever down to the locked position, and waited while the appliance cooked my breakfast.

After everything was done, I pressed up on the carriage lever so that I could remove the English muffin from the appliance. Next, I removed all the pieces of food; I buttered the muffin, and assembled the pieces after I added a slice of American cheese. The whole thing only took a few minutes to make. It was very simple once you knew what each of the cooking trays was for.

Cleaning the appliance afterward was a snap too! You just unplug the unit and wait for it to cool, wipe down the exterior of the unit, wash the heating tray, steamer

tray, warming tray and lid with a damp paper towel. You can even place the trays and the lids in the dishwasher when need be, on the top rack.

I really enjoyed my homemade egg & muffin sandwich. I think it was even better than McDonald’s because I didn’t have to get up early, stand in long lines or wait in long drive through pick ups. The favor of the sandwich was very close to the original. I am going to still experiment with different cheeses or add a little more milk to the egg, but all in all I think it turned out very well! I also like that you can use the features separately for example, if you only want to make toast.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5323021002530928/k2311a0223/2.23.10