Cabela’s Big Game Hunter 2010 for Wii  » Games  »
  • It is rated T for Teen for blood and violence, and I agree small children may be frightened of the animal attacks
  • In all, I think Cabela’s Big Game Hunter 2010 turned out to be a lot of fun and I will definitely play it again

• by Jude244

Since trying out my son’s Nintendo Wii, I just can’t get enough! Even games that I wasn’t sure I was going to like turned out to be great. Recently I purchased Cabela’s Big Game Hunter 2010 by activision. While I’m not really into hunting, the game looked so good that I couldn’t help but try it out for myself.

When you purchase Cabela’s Big Game Hunter 2010, you receive the game as well as the Top Shot Peripheral used in the game. The peripheral which resembles a bright orange shot gun assembled to an incredible 25 inched long.

Before trying the game out we had to assemble the peripheral. I started by removing the two main pieces from the box and then attaching them together. Once that was done, I inserted the nunchuk into the peripheral, then

routed its cable through the underside, then connected it to the Wii remote which was also placed in the peripheral and then placed both the cover and the cable storage cover back on. While it doesn’t take long to put the peripheral together, it is a bit of a hassle to take it apart when you want to use the controls for other games.

Cabela’s Big Game Hunter 2010 can accommodate up to four people in its multi-player mode. It has twelve International hunting hotspots to choose from, 68 hunting adventures included, thirteen arcade single shooting galleries, and you can collect thirty big game trophy animals. It is rated T for Teen for blood and violence, and I agree small children may be frightened of the animal attacks.

For my first mission as a membership trial of ...

• the Order of Orion, I took on the role of Jack Wilde a skilled hunter. I was transported to Colorado where I had to hunt White tailed deer and watch out for pesky man eating mountain lions. All in a days work, right? Okay, so right from the start you see that this game is very visually appealing, and that it is somewhat easy going and slow paced at this point. As part of my mission I must navigate through the hunting areas verdant foliage looking for animals, evaluating game signs properly and trying to increase my chances of finding a mature buck without getting lost. I get to use a special hunter sense which gives me useful information such as waypoints, animal signs, noisy terrain warnings, cover points, and animal alert states based on their mood.

In order to achieve

my mission I had to sneak up on the deer. I looked for a cover point to get bonus points and then when I spotted the buck, I zoomed in to view their vital organ and set up my shot. When you make a shot you get to see it through bullet cam which shows the bullets trajectory. After the shot you have to tag your trophy and then a screen pops up to tell you how you did on the mission.

While the first mission was relatively mild, it does get a little more challenging when you yourself are attacked by bears, and mountain lions, who appear when you least expect them. In all, I think Cabela’s Big Game Hunter 2010 turned out to be a lot of fun and I will definitely play it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2823021002520928/k2311a0223/2.23.10