Bring ‘Em Back Alive: The Reel World of Frank Buck  » TV  »
2.5
  • Bruce Boxleitner stars as Buck, but I'm not impressed with him at all
  • When I think of him, I think him more as Melissa Gilbert's husband than anything else
  • I don't think I've ever seen her in this kind of get up before

• by Orrymain

The Reel World of Frank Buck concerns a documentary maker who wants to get footage of Buck in action in this episode of Bring ‘Em Back Alive from 1985. Bruce Boxleitner stars as Buck, but I’m not impressed with him at all. He’s never been an actor that I’ve felt an attachment to. When I think of him, I think him more as Melissa Gilbert’s husband than anything else. That’s how little

his acting has thrilled me over the years.

Here are a few pros and cons on this episode:

The animal shots used in this series are pretty good, but I just don’t like the idea of seeing animals used like this anyway.

Boxleitner doesn’t know how to fake a fight. He doesn’t react well to being punched or to making one. The motions are too slow and deliberate. He’s definitely not a cowboy.

Rosalind Chao certainly had ...

• a unique outfit to wear. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her in this kind of get up before.

There was a beautiful Shangra-La type of setting used here that was just awesome. Matte painting or some exotic place, I’m not sure, but it was a few seconds of true loveliness on the screen.

Regular Cindy Morgan looks great in her adventure outfit. She actually looks more natural than Boxleitner, who looks more like a

cartoon.

Guest star Walter Koenig isn’t Russian, but he should be. He tries on another accent here, but I can’t help it. He’ll always be Chekov to me. I feel for him. A couple of years as one character and that’s how the world thinks of you forever.

The story bores me, much like the pilot two-parter did. I just am not into this. It’s the jungle, and I’m not a jungle gal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1022021002261028/k2311a0222/2.22.10