Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics - Men’s Ski Cross  » Sport  »
  • The Americans were out of this event way too early, unfortunately, but other countries were there to keep my focus

• by Orrymain

Men’s Ski Cross is another new event for me. Traditionally, it’s always been the downhill and the slalom that I’ve watched, but now we have so many new, exciting types of skiing events. I’m learning to love these new competitions because of the fast pace, the thrill, and the excitement they bring to snow competition. For the first time I am aware of, I really focused on the Men’s Ski Cross during the Vancouver

2010 Winter Olympic games.

I saw some of the qualifying, and that’s what really grabbed my attention. It was like any race, with several participants going at it at the same time. This adds to the intensity. It’s so easy to get tangled up into another skier as much as it is with the skis. In fact, that happened a couple of times that I saw.

Then as part of the course there are a ...

• lot of these drop down areas which bring the excitement of being in the air, the possibility of passing in the air, and just the awe of seeing competitors lifting and landing. I’m sure there are technical names for it all, but I don’t know what they are as yet. I have some learning to do.

The Americans were out of this event way too early, unfortunately, but other countries were there to keep my focus.

I just love the quick pace of this event and the closeness of the participants. They race in groups of four. Wouldn’t it be fun to see it a group of six? That would be wow-able.

Nevertheless, Switzerland’s Michael Schmid took home the gold. He looked confident and seemed to have it from the beginning. I’m really not aware of the skiers, but their names didn’t matter. They were all exciting to watch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3522021002160928/k2311a0222/2.22.10