Muny Theater  » Theatre  »
200 Forest Park, St. Louis, Missouri
  • I thought it would be fun to set with my husband and girls on the blanket
  • My entire family absoutely loved the experience
  • It was amazing to see 11,000 people all quiet at one time with their eyes glues to the stage
  • I had assumed with the low cost and being outside it would be much more casual dress

• by Sandi

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

We have relatives and friends throughout the state of Illinois. When visiting there we always spend a day or two in St. Louis, Mo. , which we is on our way north. There is so much to do and see in this area.

On out last trip we decided to try out the Muny Theater, we had heard so much about. The building intself is worth the price of admission. It takes you back to old days of theater. The Muny is an outdoore theater with seating for 11,000 people.

We had called ahead for information and were told we could get tickets when we got there. If we wanted to come early, we could stand in line for free tickets. They give out so

many free tickets for each show. They said to bring blankets to set on and the tickets were only fifteen dollars each.

Of course we could have got box seats for much more. I thought it would be fun to set with my husband and girls on the blanket. The night we chose to go they were doing Grease. Talk about an amazing show.

This was a great and inexpensive way to introduce our girls to the theater. The performance was out of the world, from the acting, to the singing, the music, and the dancing. It was like being at a real on broadway show. Come to find out these were all broadway actors.

What a treat!

My entire family absoutely loved the ...

• experience. It was just cool to set out under the stars and watch a broadway quality production. The play even kiept my three years olds attention the whole time. It was amazing to see 11,000 people all quiet at one time with their eyes glues to the stage.

We got to talking to the family next to us. They said the most fun was to come early and hang out in line for the free tickets. They have free live performances while you wait in line and you can bring a small cooler with a picnic lunch and get to know others in line. This sounds like it would even add more to our experience.

We plan to do this the next time. One

other thing we will do the next time, is dress a little better. We had been out siteseeing and running around all day and came as we were in our slumming clothes. To my surprise, most everyone was dressed up.

The men had on pants instead of jeans or shorts and alot of the women had on sun dresses, as well as the kids. We were a little underdressed. I had assumed with the low cost and being outside it would be much more casual dress. Now I know.

My whole family looks foreward to the next time we get an apportunity to go the the Muny Theater. It was just a marvelous experiance all around.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3222021001900928/k2311a0222/2.22.10